1999.5 ford f250 superduty hesitation/surging/bucking - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 11:22 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1999.5 ford f250 superduty hesitation/surging/bucking

my 1999.5 ford f250 7.3 diesel i had my ts performance chip put in and it has worked fine for a month and now my truck will hesitiate and surge and buck when i step on the throttle only when accelerating or when u have steady throttle pressure on it it does it in the stock setting also so i dont think its the chip im thinking hpop isint making enough pressure for the injectors or maybe and injector driver module im stumped guys plzz help me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2009, 05:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Similar issue here. I pulled my chip to see if it was the issue but to no avail. I'm looking forward to seeing a response for yours.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Big_Stroker
are you getting a SES light? If your not getting a light then its not your HPOP
Old 04-24-2009, 10:57 AM

I had something similar to that. It ended up being my injector 0-rings. I changed the IPR with a known good one. That made a little difference but not enough to convince me. So I pulled the injectors and the o-rings were shot. Runs good now.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:50 AM

no ses but my lead diesel tech at work said with a chip if ur hpop doesent make 2500-2800 psi it wnt make enough fuel pressure for the injectors and how would it be my injectior o rings wouldt it use oil it uses maybe half a quart in between chnges and i was thinking maybe a ipr or ipc maybe i dont no im stumped
Old 04-24-2009, 04:28 PM

My lower O-rings were toasted. There looked to be a little bit of oil passing thru to the fuel side of the injector. I didn't burn much oil though . It won't end up in the tank as there is no return fuel from the heads.

I have a friend who is a ford tech and I'm a detroit diesel tech so between the two of us after swapping a **** load of parts and riding around for hours with a scanner that's what was left. Either that or 8 injectors so I opted for the cheap route. Mine would always hesitate or sputter at 1500-1800 after a shift or just cruising when up to speed. It felt like a TPS it seemed to only do it at a certain pedal position like 1/4 of the way pushed in.

It would white smoke a tad when started cold too. It took about 10 mins of driving to make it do it. It wouldn't do it cold. I would put a scanner on it and make sure the IPR and ICP system checks out ok. I may just be a worn out IPR or IPR O-rings.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:09 PM

so to night at work hooked up scanner got a overboost code normal with a chip and in the inactive codes i got a p1211 code what does it mean oil is full oil is full in hpop resivor so does this mean my hpop is weak i might jus throw some o rings in her see if it fixes
Old 04-26-2009, 03:20 PM

The P1211 could be from your chip. I believe its the ICP above or below normal condition. I think some chips log that over time. I could be wrong.

Do you know what your IPR duty cycle and pressure was at idle and did you check it under full load? Did you try unplugging the ICP and running it?
Old 04-26-2009, 08:47 PM

i havent tried unplugging it cause i herd if u do it will be a ***** to start again if it dies while running when unplugged i pulled the connector off the icp and the connector was full of engine oil i dont no why i think im gonna replace the icp and i dont no the ipr duty cycle or pressures are scanner at work is for big class 8 truck engines its got a obd2 plug to read codes that all wish we had a better one and my turbo now is making a griding noice when shuting off and i pulled the intake tube off andthe impeller shaft its got a 1/2 inch of play back and fourth but none up in down im sure that is toast now
Old 04-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

you got it. 1/2 inch means toast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.