99 powerstroke bad injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99 powerstroke bad injectors

Last week i had another injector go bad. #1 cylinder was almost full of fuel. Last year the same thing happened on the passenger side to #8 cylinder. im lucky nothing broke this time either when it hydrolocked. It is common for injectors to flood the cylinders when they go bad? I think this time i will replace all 8 with some 60 hp injectors.I have an early 99,with 114,000 miles, afe 2 , bully dog 6 pos , over boost aniliator, hx crossover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't know nuttin....

That sounds like a good plan to me!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:41 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds, good, but I'm surprised you had 2 injectors go bad so close together. I understand they are almost 10 years old at this time, but they're very durable and usually last well beyond your 110k mark.

You'll love the increased HP, the cheaper then OEM replacements, but you might have something going on that is messing the injectors up! I hope not, but let us know what happens!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

7.3 injectors

would fuel contamination make an injector flood the cylinder or more likely clog the nozzles???? The 60-80 horse injectors from scott@ mass diesel will be in this week. Got them for $1600 rebuilt.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:14 AM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineman View Post
would fuel contamination make an injector flood the cylinder or more likely clog the nozzles???? The 60-80 horse injectors from scott@ mass diesel will be in this week. Got them for $1600 rebuilt.
hey linemen check dpp for injectors. there pretty cheap. that's what i'm looking at getting. my 2 cents
Old 01-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks i'll look into them
Old 01-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Emergency Services

just curious...how did you know it went bad? what symptoms did you have?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

injector issue

I see injector issues frequently,Have not seen one flood a cylinder yet.I assume you pulled the glow plug before you pulled the injector and cranked the engine over? then fuel shot out? When you remove the injector from the head and don't predrain the head the cylinder will fill with fuel and oil.As far as them failing so close together,it could be a fluke or you also could have a bunch of crap in your tank.Also make sure you stay ontop of fuel filter maintenance and you may want to check your fuel pressure.Low fuel pressure will kill injectors most definetly.If you have the dough replace them with the 60's but stock injectors usually last a while.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

bad injector

Lawman...i knew it went bad because it was blowing white smoke running rough,motor was knocking. After i shut it off and went to restart the motor locked up and would'nt turn over. I had this happen last year on the passenger side of the motor.This time i guessed it was on the drivers side, took out all the injectors and turned the motor over by hand. lots of fuel came out of the second cylinder back.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

injectors

Seattle...Ya i drained the oil via the 2 1/8 in allens and fuel via the rear of the head. i forget what number the cylinders are but last year third back on passenger side and this time second back on drivers side.
well yesterday i replaced them all with stage II from mass diesel. today had buddy hook up snap on to check hpop pressure and we got 480 psi @idle and 2200 an wot. Is this too low? For an Early 99. Have bully dog chip .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.