fuel pressure drops out - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 10:12 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fuel pressure drops out

at idle i am getting 54 psi. running down the road under a load the psi falls slowly to around 10 psi .fuel filter has been serviced.got a code 1211 .no visible fuel leaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2009, 03:22 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post
at idle i am getting 54 psi. running down the road under a load the psi falls slowly to around 10 psi .fuel filter has been serviced.got a code 1211 .no visible fuel leaks.
Usually with a 1211 code, it's sometimes related to a fueling chip pushing the HPOP beyond it's limit, & could also be your HPOP not providing sufficient performance. If your truck is stock, I'm wondering if your HPOP is going out. Your HPOP controls the hyd. pressure to actuate your injectors under load. See if a tech responds to this, I'd like to know myself.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:29 PM

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSEJUST PULLED THE SUCTION LINE OFF OF THE FUEL PUMP GOT ME A 5GALLON TANK AND RAN THE LINE FROM PUMP TO 5GALLON TANK AND NOW MY PRESSURE JUMPED TO 64 PSI.PUT LINE FROM VEHICLE TANK BACK ON THE PUMP AND STILL GETTING 64PSI AND HOLDINGRUNNING FINE NOW.I DID NOTICE I FOUND A SMALL STAINLESS BALL BEARING LAYING ON THE FLOOR WHILE I WAS UNDER THE TRUCK.DONT KNOW IF IT CAME FROM THE PUMP OR NOT.THOUGHT POSSIBLY A CREEPER BEARING CAME OUT WHILE I WAS ROLLING AROUND.ANYBODY HAVE ONE OF THESE BOSCH FUEL PUMPS DROP A BEARING.THIS I S REALLY TURNED INTO A JOKE CANT HELP BUT LAUGH.ALSO THOUGHT WITH ME RUNNING THE HOSE DOWN THE TANK TO SIPHON OUT THE FUEL I MAY HAVE RELEASED IF SOMETHING WAS STOPPING UP THE PICKUP SCREEN.GOING TO TEST DRIVE TOMMOROW GETTING LATE.

Last edited by bec; 03-17-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:37 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSEJUST PULLED THE SUCTION LINE OFF OF THE FUEL PUMP GOT ME A 5GALLON TANK AND RAN THE LINE FROM PUMP TO 5GALLON TANK AND NOW MY PRESSURE JUMPED TO 64 PSI.PUT LINE FROM VEHICLE TANK BACK ON THE PUMP AND STILL GETTING 64PSI AND HOLDINGRUNNING FINE NOW
No kidding? Kinda weird, huh?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSEJUST PULLED THE SUCTION LINE OFF OF THE FUEL PUMP GOT ME A 5GALLON TANK AND RAN THE LINE FROM PUMP TO 5GALLON TANK AND NOW MY PRESSURE JUMPED TO 64 PSI.PUT LINE FROM VEHICLE TANK BACK ON THE PUMP AND STILL GETTING 64PSI AND HOLDINGRUNNING FINE NOW.I DID NOTICE I FOUND A SMALL STAINLESS BALL BEARING LAYING ON THE FLOOR WHILE I WAS UNDER THE TRUCK.DONT KNOW IF IT CAME FROM THE PUMP OR NOT.THOUGHT POSSIBLY A CREEPER BEARING CAME OUT WHILE I WAS ROLLING AROUND.ANYBODY HAVE ONE OF THESE BOSCH FUEL PUMPS DROP A BEARING.THIS I S REALLY TURNED INTO A JOKE CANT HELP BUT LAUGH.ALSO THOUGHT WITH ME RUNNING THE HOSE DOWN THE TANK TO SIPHON OUT THE FUEL I MAY HAVE RELEASED IF SOMETHING WAS STOPPING UP THE PICKUP SCREEN.GOING TO TEST DRIVE TOMMOROW GETTING LATE.
HERE IS SOME MORE RADAR RIDER
Old 03-17-2009, 03:45 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
HERE IS SOME MORE RADAR RIDER
I don't think fuel pump has bearings, but how is the condition of your pick-up screen? It a very common occurance for crud to build up on your pick-up screen, but that would've triggered off a crapload of codes. Have you also tried a contrib test?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:48 PM

HAVE NOT DROPPED THE TANK YET BUT WITH THE FUEL SYSTEM GOING BACK TO WORK AFTER I DONE THIS I BELIEVE I AM GOING TO PULL IT FOR SAFE MEASURE.BEFORE I DID THIS YOU COULD ACTUALLY RACE THE ENGINE UP AND SLOWLY SEE THE PRESSURE DROP.NOW IT IS STAYING UP THERE
Old 03-17-2009, 04:14 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
HAVE NOT DROPPED THE TANK YET BUT WITH THE FUEL SYSTEM GOING BACK TO WORK AFTER I DONE THIS I BELIEVE I AM GOING TO PULL IT FOR SAFE MEASURE.BEFORE I DID THIS YOU COULD ACTUALLY RACE THE ENGINE UP AND SLOWLY SEE THE PRESSURE DROP.NOW IT IS STAYING UP THERE
Yeah, man, check that screen just to eliminate it. You've already been through the fuel filter to the pump, so I'd check the screen next. I just don't know how it didn't throw you any other codes.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:17 PM

all right here it is .pulled fuel tank and found a little bit of trash along with what looks like a small amount of algae in the bottom of the tank.pickup screen was clean.right above the pickup screen is a plastic container that pulls the fuel through it and filters the fuel before it goes into the steel supply line going to the pump.pulled back on the three tangs to seperate the bottom of the plastic container and both filters inside were totally plugged up.put it back up test drove all is well at this time.if i can find my usb cable ill try to post some pics of the plugged filters.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:41 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
all right here it is .pulled fuel tank and found a little bit of trash along with what looks like a small amount of algae in the bottom of the tank.pickup screen was clean.right above the pickup screen is a plastic container that pulls the fuel through it and filters the fuel before it goes into the steel supply line going to the pump.pulled back on the three tangs to seperate the bottom of the plastic container and both filters inside were totally plugged up.put it back up test drove all is well at this time.if i can find my usb cable ill try to post some pics of the plugged filters.
Awesome, bec! Glad things worked out. I'm looking forward to checking out your pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.