NO START - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NO START

Bout a week ago my truck started to "misfire" and have a lack of power, so the member biggcountry came over and ran buzz and contribution test. #8 cyl. failed contribution test, bought new injector, installed it, wont start.

He came over again and scanned it and the whole driver side bank was dead, was told to replace UVC harness....just replaced it and it wont start!!!!

I dont have the program to scan it again and i believe he's at work today and i'm leaving for florida for a week tomorrow. Anybody have any idea what the hell it could be? Im so fricking frustrated right now and am bout to pull my head off of my neck!!!! I've replaced my CPS sensor bout 3months ago BTW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2009, 07:51 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
You have no cps codes, no idm codes, the codes that are in the pcm are

Air intake heater, bank 2 highside open. That was prior to replacing the uvc harness.

Randee I can swing by this evening if you would like. I get off work at 2pm. I can swing by the house grab my computer and be at your place around 3pm. We can do some more tests and scans.

I would really like to get this truck running as well.

I will call you when I get off work.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:55 AM

Yea if you are available i would much appreciate that! I just tried calling you, didnt realize you were at work or that you would be the first to reply to this post hahaha...Many thanks scott
Old 03-16-2009, 07:58 AM

Im gonna head up to the gym and try to work of this frustration for the time being....i feel as if i could squat thrust my frickin god dang truck right now!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randee Bowknee View Post
Yea if you are available i would much appreciate that! I just tried calling you, didnt realize you were at work or that you would be the first to reply to this post hahaha...Many thanks scott
Besides me the only other member on here that is close to you. The other is Jamztoys.

But I think I am the closest with the computer program to you.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:18 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

it takes quite a bit of spinning over to get these engines to restart after a injector repair , how long have you been spinning on it
Old 03-16-2009, 08:23 AM

i'd say quite a bit.....ive had a charger on 12v high start on my battery and kept turning and turning and turning......it did run for a bit when i was first done with the injector swap but would only run for about 10seconds max and had sh!t ton of white smoke and the engine was really loud......thought maybe air in fuel system....kept trying to smooth it out but wouldnt run for longer then 10 seconds i'd say. Then all of a sudden it quit starting.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:27 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
i'd say quite a bit.....ive had a charger on 12v high start on my battery and kept turning and turning and turning......it did run for a bit when i was first done with the injector swap but would only run for about 10seconds max and had sh!t ton of white smoke and the engine was really loud......thought maybe air in fuel system....kept trying to smooth it out but wouldnt run for longer then 10 seconds i'd say. Then all of a sudden it quit starting.
I will bring some other things with me this time Randee.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:38 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
sounds to me like the injector isnt seated properly and leaking off fuel pressure , may need to remove the injector again and make sure coper washer is in place on the bottom of the injector
Old 03-16-2009, 08:47 AM

ill have to have a look see later....thanks for the suggestion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.