Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stalling....

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  nolimit 
#1 ·
I've spent hours reading through countless posts and havent found anyone with the same problem as I have yet.

While driving under various conditions, loads, my truck will die. If I keep my foot on the go pedal the truck will not recover but if I release the go pedal the truck will recover without stopping and restarting. I had a newer gray CPS in it already and within the last week had the recall done as well because I thought that was it. Now the stalling is back. Like i said before, it never completely dies, just stalls as long as I leave pressure on the go pedal.

I get all the dash lights like at start up when it stalls but no CEL/SES after the truck self recovers.

I've checked the main harness and did a "wiggle" check of the UVCH while the truck was running and didnt notice any modulation in engine rpm or sound.

It's got about 200k with auto and ALOT of mods.

HELP!!!!

#2 ·
I've heard of new cps's being bad right out of the box.
thats what your problem sounds like.

#4 ·
Not sure....but sounds like it is losing power. Bad battery connections, bad ignition switch or something like that. I am basing that off of the fact that you are getting all of the dash lights like you just turned the key on when it recovers. Not sure how the gas pedal would tie into that though.
-Aaron

#5 ·
I have a 02 7.3 and it was stalling and doing some wierd stuff kind of like yours. Just removed my chip "superchips" today and so far it seems to be running ok just with a little less horsepower. I have a thread also let me know what you find out. I also just had a cps installed.

#6 ·
hey 99.5stroker, the same exact thing is happening to me. did you fix it? any new news?

i just replaced my cps for the third time in 4 weeks. are they really sometimes coming messed up right from the box? i bought all three from the same dealer.

thanks

#7 · (Edited)
any intermit loss of 5v (shorted to ground) signal to sensors will do the same. i had one on a 98 e350 di turbo. exhaust pressure sensor was burnt inside causing a short in the 5v line to ground...not cool.

#9 ·
anyone?
Now my truck starts and I can rev it but as soon as I put it in drive and accelerate, it stalls. It won't shut off but it won't go. Good thing is I can idle it anywhere.LOL. Oh and btw, when the truck was driving before it would only happen if I take a sharp turn.
Help!

#10 ·
Im on CPS #3 and all seems to be better now....I had one old cps and three out of the box cps that were bad. All the new ones were from the same dealer. :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.