Which brand of Camshaft Position Sensor to buy? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which brand of Camshaft Position Sensor to buy?

My 99 F250 died as I stopped at a signal a couple of weeks ago. I started it and it died again. Then I started it and kept the idle up while in neutral and put in drive and made it home. Then, a couple of days later I got a letter from Ford "reminding" me of the recall on the CPS. This was the first I have seen this recall. Well I have checked the batteries, changed the fuel filter and still dies after getting warm. But if I do keep it idleing up it will stay running. But let it slow to idle, and it is just like I turn the key off.

I called the dealer and asked if I could bring the letter and sensor in to get a replacement but they want the truck there. So I was going to go buy one so I could take it there and have them either put in the new one from the recall and I keep the one I just bought or just give me the new one from the recall and then either way I will have a spare to keep in the glove box.

So, I have looked around and can't find a "black" one. Is there one that I can get from one of the national auto part stores, advance, o'reilly, autozone, that is considered to be good and won't cause problems? If not, is there a good place to buy online but not pay through the nose? Thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think they are all gone. We had a thread about that a few months ago and there were only couple left in the country that we could find.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That is what I thought. So if I have to buy something else, just wanted to know what not to buy. The local auto parts have Borg Warner CPS's.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:37 PM

maybe there are some at the ford house? idk.
mine would randomly die or almost, even going down the road with a trailer coming up on a red light. not exactly fun.
i took it in once i ran the VIN but i STILL have not received a letter.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:40 PM

Try searching on here for "black cps". I think that was the name of the thread and they had listed everywhere they could find one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.