installed injectors, ran good once....now wont start...HELP! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
installed injectors, ran good once....now wont start...HELP!

Ok so here is the deal, i installed new injectors cuz it had a bunch of bad ones....did it correctly. the truck fired up after a few cranks right after the install...ran beautiful. go for a test drive, freakin runs like it should...makes me happy. i get back home shut her down and go for a restart and she just cranks and wont fire!!! i have no idea why. any help please....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2009, 12:05 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
codes please, thank you
Old 03-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ill have to get back to you on codes...but what i did just find out is..... if i crank it over it will fire but it has to crank really fast before it will run...how do i check the oil level in my Hpop? and could that be the problem?
Old 03-05-2009, 09:45 AM
International Threat

There is an allen wrench you remove the little plug on top of the resevoir.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

oooook so this is what i found out so far....or tried so far. i did an oil change, checked my Hpop level, and left the battery's unplugged over night to reset the computer. none of which made any difference...my hpop level is good, oil change didnt make a diff. but should i drain the hpop and refill it with good oil or is that circulated all the time? anyways that didnt help. and also the unplugging the batts didnt make any difference either. and i also found out that once it cools down a bit say a half hour or more it will then start. and when set over night and gets good and cold it starts just fine too...which means the glow plugs are working just fine now....so thats good. basically if i go anywhere i have to be there at least a half hour till she will start back up...kinda weird eh?
Old 03-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ooook...sorry for the delay but i finally got my codes pulled and ran some tests...i still have a start issue when the truck is warm...but i can get it to start...you just need to crank it over for a while till it starts...so its not right.

things i have noticed...one, it still has a missfire when the truck is cold. two, once warmed up it runs better but seems to not have the pickup it use to...like its low on boost or something. three, still starts real hard when engine at opp. temp.. and has a hard time going highway speeds...maybe low boost again??

so i got codes pulled and this is what it says...

injector Buzz test- P000 no codes present...yay!
Cylinder Contribution Test- P0263 cyl. 1 cont./balance fault, and P284 cyl. 8 cont./balance fault.

also did a KOER self test...- P1211 ICP pressure above or below Desired

and got some low boost codes in history codes...

like i said i just installed 6 new injectors and re oringed the rest of them...and i know that cyl. 1 and 8 were no code cyls. also i had no low boost codes or issues before...whats the deal...o and what is the ICP? any help would be great...i am a new to diesels but i have been a automotive tech for many years now, so i kinda know what im doing....kinda. anyways any help is greatly appreciated
Old 03-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

really need help guys....anyone out there?
Old 03-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Look man I'd love to help you, but never had those problems or have any ideas to help you out at all. My best advise your muffler bearings are out. Seriously, I will check around for any thing i can find to help you out.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:52 PM
International Threat

Well first off, is your map line attached to your intake y pipe?

As for the hot restart problem, you need to check your ICP and IPR Duty Cycle while cranking to see what those numbers are. My suspicions lead me to look at the IPR itself.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok..i have checked my ICP sensor...that is the one on the driverside bank right below the turbo pipe...right? anyways that is bad..it has oil all inside it when you unplug it...which tells me its bad. is the IPR a different sensor somewhere? if soo where is it? and the map line....is that the one that goes to the boost pressure regulator???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.