Fuel Pump - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I need money...

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Pump

So...My stock fuel pump positive terminal broke.Please dont ask. Im just wondering what is a good aftermarket replacement for the stock one? One that would be good for stock and bigger injectors soon. More power is on the way,and I am running an air dog system. Any help would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 09:21 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADASH View Post
So...My stock fuel pump positive terminal broke.Please dont ask. Im just wondering what is a good aftermarket replacement for the stock one? One that would be good for stock and bigger injectors soon. More power is on the way,and I am running an air dog system. Any help would be great.
Isn't the AirDog system an upgraded fuel pump like the FASS with the fuel filter & fuel/air separator? Or do you have something else? SCUFFY828 has a super-modified PSD, & uses the FASS fuel system. Although, I remember him saying his system was leaking. Not sure.....
Old 02-11-2009, 10:27 AM
I need money...

The Air Dog is just mainly a fuel preporator. It feeds the stock fuel pump clean fuel, minus the air bubbles. It also had a 2 micron filter! My engine sounds alot quieter and runs more smoothly with it. I hear the Walbro is a good stock replacement. Any insight?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Ole White

If you want a drop in stock replacement that flows much more than stock go with a Walbro GSL-392 you can get it from Summit Racing for around 125 bucks if I remember correctly and it installs just like the stocker only thing you have to do is on the feed line coming from the tank is cut the quick connect off and slide the bare hose on the hose barb and use a hose clamp and your good to go

many use this setup and its a good and cheap alternative
Old 02-11-2009, 11:36 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhite7.3stroker View Post
If you want a drop in stock replacement that flows much more than stock go with a Walbro GSL-392 you can get it from Summit Racing for around 125 bucks if I remember correctly and it installs just like the stocker only thing you have to do is on the feed line coming from the tank is cut the quick connect off and slide the bare hose on the hose barb and use a hose clamp and your good to go

Nice! I'll have to look into that too! Thanks, bigwhite!
Old 02-11-2009, 06:20 PM
I need money...

Quote:

Thanks!! What about a pressure regulator after the pump? What setup do most use?
Old 02-12-2009, 03:25 AM
Ole White

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRider View Post
Nice! I'll have to look into that too! Thanks, bigwhite!
No problem man
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADASH View Post
Thanks!! What about a pressure regulator after the pump? What setup do most use?
all I changed is the pump for now but will soon make my own Regulated Return or buy ITP's RR with fuel bowl delete kit
Old 02-12-2009, 07:30 AM
I need money...

Quote:
No problem man

all I changed is the pump for now but will soon make my own Regulated Return or buy ITP's RR with fuel bowl delete kit
Got it! How does the truck run with the Walbro? Noisy? Any difference? I always thought you needed a regulator after the pump or does the stock FPR bring the pressure down?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.