leaking fuel i think - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
leaking fuel i think

can anyone help me on this.. on cold mornings ill star my truck after being plugged in and drive to work well when i get there its always dripping fuel out of the flywheel dust pan why is that???and its not alot im not even sure if its fuel it smells like it but sometimes its black..anybody have this problem or know about it???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2009, 04:21 PM

check the back of the fuel bowl, two o rings are know to go bad. the reason the fuel is showing up down there and black is because it travels down the valley and drains down there.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:26 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Check the Seperator valve!!! They are a B$tch...
Old 01-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

where is the seperator valve ??? i have replaced the o rings on the filter housing for the drain and the other that has the plug on it but still have a leak uggggghhhhh

Last edited by antifrez72; 01-28-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: forgot to add
Old 01-28-2009, 08:52 PM

are you sure none of the lines feeding into the heads are leaking? have you tried cleaning out the valley and run the truck through a cycle building up pressure then looking to see where the fuel is coming from
Old 01-29-2009, 02:59 AM

Get an inspection mirror and examine the back of the filter housing by the drain valve. I've seen heater plug leak, crack in housing,(that was OBS thou) and water sensor. Also like cliford stated, check the lines from housing to heads.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:41 AM

I had this problem on my 95. I had it serviced and when the fuel filter was changed they didnt screw the lid on the filter bowl right and the gasket got messed up. Anyhow get this taken care of asap. the fuel soaked my disk and i had problems with it slipping. The dealer where I bought it did the service work so the changed it under warrenty. funny how they can do that when the want to.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

One of the first fuel line seals to let go is the one on the back of the passenger's side head. It gets cooked by the turbo and down pipe. It's not too tough to get to but removing the turbo outlet spider makes access a lot easier. Also check the passenger's side 1/4" fuel line. The bracket/clip that holds it in place is known to rub a hole into the line.

Fuel that gets into the valley or runs down the back of the engine will mix with dirt/grease that is caked on the block and turn it to a dirty black color. It even disguises itself as oil.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:47 PM

oh ok im gonna have to look.. its not leaking rel bad but it is a little and not everyday its weird but sometimes i can smell it in the cab it sucks
Old 02-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowe123 View Post
oh ok im gonna have to look.. its not leaking rel bad but it is a little and not everyday its weird but sometimes i can smell it in the cab it sucks
did you ever get this fixed cause my truck just started doing the same thing. im new to the p/s so im kinda in the dark. it only seams to do it when it cold out and when i first start it. the other day i noticed it so i cleaned out the valley good then drove its around for about 30min and it didn't leak at all. then today i go out and start it and it was dripping like crazy. it look like it may be coming from the white 2 wire plug on the fuel bowl but im not %100 sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.