New Turbo and Still no Boost??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 06:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Turbo and Still no Boost???

I have 2 trucks with the same problem, one is a 2000 F-350 and the other is a 2003 F-350. The 2000 has a brand spankin new engine from the dealer, the 2003 has about 180k miles on it and a brand new turbo. They both arent boosting hardly at all. The 2003 doesnt boost period..... I watch the hydraulic waste gate when they both start and they move. I replaced the MAP sensors in both trucks and i still have the same problem. The 2003 I also replaced the EBP sensor. Still nothing. I checked the intercooler boots and seals everything seems to be good. Is there something I'm missing??? Help me out guys and thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The boots would have been my first guess. How do they feel when you drive them. Gutless, smoke a lot?
Old 01-25-2009, 07:35 AM

Does the expression does not pull at all help??? when the engines usually hit around 2000 RPM it should put you back in your seat but it doesnt.... And you dont even hear the turbo AT ALL!!!! but like i said i checked all of the boots even tried replacing the solenoid on the pedastal. My assumption was the waste gate isnt working right. I know it has to open a little and then close back to work right. I'm just wondering if there is something that controls it that im missing? No they both dont smoke at all.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ricemiester , check fuel pressure , most likely screens inside of tank stopped up! if you pull the pick up out of the tank and tear it down you will see 2 " fuel socks " inside of the sender, they will probaly be stopped up completely. just clean them with starting fluid and air pressure. this is most likely your problem . i have seen a few turbos put on for this reason!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:14 PM

Now that makes total sense!!!!! I took it to a buddy of mine who's been to Navistar school and all that blah blah blah, he said the ecm wasn't demanding any boost so he was trying to flash it and it ruined his laptop, he took it to a friend of his and said the ecm was bad, he told me to replace it or just put a chip in it. But i like your suggestion much better, I'm gonna try that first

Thanks a million for your input my man
Old 02-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

let me know if it fixes your problem! i am pretty sure that is what is going on. there is really no way to stop it from happening , i see them alot on higher mileage trucks , mostly 150k & up! you won't be able to tell at idle ,best thing to do is just drop the tanks and go to town! good luck!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:20 PM

Dsl Tech Thanks a million for the pickup screen facts you would not believe how dirty they were but unfortunatly that didnt fix my problem.... I havent done this to the other truck i was talking about but ill bet that is its problem.

Now this truck that still has the power problem, when u free rev it by matting the pedal the engine will start to break up between 2200 to about 2800 rpms then clear out. Then i tried to put a chip from another truck i got into the ecm you reved it and it still did the same thing but after about 30 seconds the truck quit with the chip in it i tried to reinsert it and still wouldnt run... So i put it back into the chip back into the other truck and it fired up. I was wondering if i now have an electrical problem maybe the tps on the pedal or possibly an Injector Driver problem or an ecm problem. Please help me out
Old 01-21-2013, 04:13 PM

Sorry for finally getting back to this thread so late.... It was Catalytic Converter >.> Wouldn't let the air flow out the exhaust, hence no boost.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:17 PM

Interesting, good to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.