fule leaking somewhere? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fule leaking somewhere?

fule leaking from under the turbo intake area not from around the fule filter area. stumped washed motor and now it is not leaking but i can smell it look again for wet spots tomoro. is ther any thing from mid motor to the back that it could leak from? frount of motor was dry.found it tighten bolts on back of pump think i fixed it time will tell

Last edited by tstroke; 12-22-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2006, 11:16 PM

thanks i think that is ware it is at right at the back
Old 12-27-2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstroke View Post
fule leaking from under the turbo intake area not from around the fule filter area. stumped washed motor and now it is not leaking but i can smell it look again for wet spots tomoro. is ther any thing from mid motor to the back that it could leak from? frount of motor was dry.found it tighten bolts on back of pump think i fixed it time will tell
well, they top of the engine has a valley with a drain hole at the back under the turbo, if fuel is leaking anywhere on top of the motor it will drain off the back of your bell housing. if you have a 99 or later, you don't have a mechanical fuel pump like mine that was going bad and weeping, if fuel leaking off the front i would be your water/ fuel separator valve assembly going bad. other than that it could be your lines at the back of the motor or small o rings in the lines going bad. good luck
Old 12-28-2006, 10:13 PM

ya i found it it is coming frome the back of the fule filer housing at the botom around a spot that hat a 2" snap ring and leaking to the back it is not leaking any more so i am having a hard time spoting it but that is ware the wetness is sense i power washed it sealed it self back up.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:07 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to Jameson Send a message via Yahoo to Jameson
Mine was leaking there too. It only did it when for a little bit when i shut the truck off. It was an o-ring by the fuel filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.