Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1999 7.3 fuel problems

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  HVAC SuperTech 
#1 ·
I HAVE 1999 7.3 THAT HAS 375,OOO MILES ON IT. THIS TRUCK WAS USED IN A LOGGING OPERATION, SO HARD MILES. WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT THE TRUCK I CHANGED ALL FLUIDS AND FILTERS AND TRUCK RAN WELL. AFTER DRIVING ABOUT 2,000 MILES TRUCK WOULD ACT LIKE THE FUEL FILTER WAS CLOGGED. CHANGED THE FILTER AND DID NOT HELP. THEN CHANGED THE LIFT PUMP, STILL NO CHANGE. THEN DUMPED THE FUEL TANK AND GOT ALOT OF DIRT/DEB OUT AND REPLACED A BROKEN PICK UP SCREEN. THIS HELPED BUT TRUCK STILL ACTS UP ABOUT 50% OF THE TIME. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO CLEAN THE FUEL SYSTEM?

#2 ·
It Might not be your fuel system...could be your injectors...best thing to do is check fuel pressure with the port on the back side of the bowl.

Then, do a buzz test with a good scan tool. If it fails buzz test, then it's your injectors.

Check your high pressure oil pump, look at icp and duty cycle. That will tell you if it's weak

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
You might can rev the motor, but that's not putting a load in the engine....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.