LOTS of Issues! Help please!!! 2000 7.3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LOTS of Issues! Help please!!! 2000 7.3

I posted this thread in tranny problems, but figured I might as well post it here too, since I'm not really sure where it goes. Hope this is ok.

I figured out that my bullydog 3 stage, dial adjust, chip went bad.It was making my tranny seem like it would downshift/fall out of gear, making my rpms soar. It had been working, and then not working for the past few days. Took it off, and was shifting fine.

A few days ago, I started blowing my 4x4 Solenoid fuse, which is also my back-up lamp fuse, brake shift interlock, DRL Relay Coil, Speed control module, trailer tow back-up lamp relay coil, vacuum pump motor fuse. It is location 28, 10A fuse under the kick plate. I unplugged my 4x4 solenoid hoping this was the cause of the blown fuse, but it keeps blowing. Usually when the back up lights come on in reverse.

I am now chugging before shifts. I started it cold this morning, about 25 outside, it was snowing a little here in Southeast Idaho. Let it warm up about a minute(not long enough, I usually let it warm up longer) it wasn't plugged in either. At about 35 mph I lost all power, and it eventually died. This is the first time this has happened.

I put it in neutral, and it cranked and cranked a few times, but then started. I pulled into a gas station, let it idle about 5 minutes, and put some diesel 911 in it. I thought maybe it gelled up, but didn't think it was cold enough. Got in and drove it about 5 miles and was just fine. Has been the rest of the day as well.

My battery light is also flashing randomly. Usually in park, or in reverse. I put an alternator in it a year ago, and two new batteries in shortly after.

My starter fuse also keeps blowing. I have replaced the starter itself, and the solenoid on top of the motor. My cables look ok. Only one that is in question, is the positive cable coming from battery on passenger side down to starter. Could this be the culprit?

I realize this post could go under several categories. I am at a loss. I don't know what the heck is going on. To me, it sounds electrical, but I have no idea. Any input from ANYONE would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

Jake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.