bad fuel leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bad fuel leak

just got a 1999 f250 and have fuel leaking out from under the passenger side of engine theres a loose hose and looks to be something missing and I have no idea what goes in there any info would help if not have a parts truck for sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

after looking more the line that leaks comes from the filter housing I believe is this just a return line back to the tank.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Sounds like it's maybe the drain tube for the fuel bowl? Look into a fuel rebuild kit. Maybe if you could post pictures that would be helpful too. Just do a little more investigating. Don't already think about scraping it. Relatively easy fix and not expensive either. I'm sure others will chime in. I just did a rebuild on mine no more than two weeks ago.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Is the line you're talking about in your second post on the driver's side then? Those would be the supply and return on that side. The hose you see underneath on the passenger side is the drain hose.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

then its the drain hose that was leaking I could of been making it do it as well now after looking at it with the lever on the filter housing now it all makes a little more sense I got the truck at an auction so not sure on the condition of the motor if I can get it to fire it cranks and fired a little with either but I don't like using a lot of either in an engine
Old 03-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

bad fuel leak-imageuploadedbyag-free1393695300.208934.jpg. This is the one looking from the top

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
First, Never NEVER use Either on this. or Any Other diesel with a, functioning, Glow Plug System!!!!!

Next, the picture you posted of a metal tube had no fuel in it. It is a sensor that monitors the back-pressure in the right exhaust manifold to activate a system that restricts the exhaust to aid in warm-up.

The Return line is on the Left side of the filter housing, up close to the cap.

The Drain line is at the back of that housing, under the Yellow Lever that activates it, and goes to a metal tube, against the engine, and can be seen by looking over the top of the pass ft tire.

Another common leaker on the pass side is at the back of the head where a metal clip retains a metal fuel line and vibration causes it to chafe through.

All these things can leak, if it is the return line there's, what's called a "Parker Sleeve" that's under the nut there you should replace...

Welcome to guzzle's Powerstroke Fuel Bowl Rebuild Web Page
Old 03-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok new question anyone know an easy way to emit the gas tank with out dropping it got a half tank bad diesel

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
When I dropped my tank (as soon as the Low Fuel light came on) I put a hose on the end of that drain tube I talked about and powered the Fuel Pump with a Starter Pak. With the Yellow Lever open it pumped 5gals out and only left about a Qt in the tank.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoRalPh For This Useful Post:
cooperpt (03-17-2014), hucorey (03-05-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.