Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Mechanic Hydroliced 7.3, I now have a leak?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  l_anthony 
#1 ·
Diesel shop replaced injectors. Upon start up, it "Hydroliced." Blew the wire off starter. He replaced wire and it started eventually.

Now I have a major oil leak dripping out the front drivers side area.

By not getting all the oil out of the cylinders, causing it to hydrolic, could this cause an oil leak some wear in the oil system?

Thanks in advance,

LN

#3 ·
It had new glow plugs and harness from another shop. Don't think he had those out at all? Anyway, the oil pattern in the morning, in the snow, looks like a spray pattern/puddle. I $
I wonder now if this actually happening when I start it up? What do you suppose happened?

Lex

#7 ·
a valve cover leak won't cause a spray pattern leak

take it back to the guys that did the work. if they hydrolocked it, any number of things could have happened. bent push rods, maybe a blown head gasket.

is the truck running ok otherwise?

#8 ·
I would be a little hesitant on running it. Sounds like they don't know what they are doing. You can bend a rod by hydrolocking the motor.

Do you know if the oil was changed? Typically fuel will get in the oil.

Nail down where the oil is coming from. Could just be a valve cover not tightened down enough.

#12 ·
Brought it back in today. Owner who is also the chief mechanic looked at it. Had a little problem finding the leak at first. He did find some diesel in the valley (very little). He is going to replace some o-rings behind or under fuel filer.

Also diagnosed the oil in the radiator as the oil cooler, he believes. There was not oil in this prior.

As for the oil leak/spray, he found a little oil leaking around a "Plug" that connects to the block or the HPOP?

Small antifreeze leak on the thermostat housing. Going to replace. They forgot to do this when I was first in.

They replaced the turbo charger and driver side injectors just prior to this spray/leak/oil in radiator. The spray leak showed up immediately after the work. They think it is totally coincidental. This work is going to be around 850.00?

She runs and starts really well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.