H2E Turbo System - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2006, 10:23 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H2E Turbo System

I bought a $2400.00 hundred dollar H2E system for a early 99' F350. The truck runs better tows alot better, but i don't think that it runs $2400.00 hundred dollars better. I still can set the chip at 100 hp or 140 hp, and its a waste. Just a ton of black smoke and if you get on it all the way it sounds like pre-ignition. I figured that this system would make my truck fly, but it didn't. So any ideas on what the problem might be let me know. Before any one asks it has an upgraded air intake system and intake system. The injectors are the factory, also the intercooler is factory. It has a TS 6 position chip and 4" stright exhaust no cat. or muffler. My only guess is a dirty intercooler from miles of oil saturation on the inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Sounds like you have other issues besides turbo, You shouldn't have any pinging. Do you get any white smoke at startup???? Or is it hard to start in the morning??
Old 11-18-2006, 10:31 PM

H2e

Yes it smokes a little white smoke in the morning and is a little hard to start.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Have you owned the truck since new??? I would look inside the intake before the turbo. Is there dirt in there or was there dirt in there before you installed new turbo??? Look at the old turbo impeller is it chewed up? How long have you been having trouble
Old 11-19-2006, 12:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Just curious what kind of intake system you added to the air intake system??? Also with the H2E you will notice a little lag unless you have the injectors to support it
Old 11-19-2006, 05:38 AM

H2e

I put the engine in it from the salavage lot it had 100k on it when installed it now has 129k. No there was no dirt in the intake when I switched turbos. The old turbo looked like new for having over 100k on it. The air intake came with the new turbo. The filter is simular to the napa filter mod. mounted to the end of the intake tube. But its a larger filter. I also changed the intake plenums from 2" to 3" when I changed turbo. Thanks for the help so far. Any other ideas are welcome.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:17 PM

H2e

So anybody got any ideas?
Old 11-20-2006, 04:44 PM

How do your EGTs look? Any higher then before install? Later Tim
Old 11-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phayes203 View Post
I bought a $2400.00 hundred dollar H2E system for a early 99' F350. The truck runs better tows alot better, but i don't think that it runs $2400.00 hundred dollars better. I still can set the chip at 100 hp or 140 hp, and its a waste. Just a ton of black smoke and if you get on it all the way it sounds like pre-ignition. I figured that this system would make my truck fly, but it didn't. So any ideas on what the problem might be let me know. Before any one asks it has an upgraded air intake system and intake system. The injectors are the factory, also the intercooler is factory. It has a TS 6 position chip and 4" stright exhaust no cat. or muffler. My only guess is a dirty intercooler from miles of oil saturation on the inside.

Call Jody at DP Tuner. The TS chip is known for too much injection timing causing the detonation sound you are hearing.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:20 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think you'll need custom programming (DP like mentioned above) and maybe more air if you're smoking alot. That turbo is supposed to be able to push alotta air but you gotta get the air to the turbo to do it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.