LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-18-2006, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help i have issues with my truck *FIXED*

Thanks Guys
Fixed it!! I pulled the driverside valve cover and the harnes was starting to disconect.

YOu guys rock

I have a 2000 F250 with 125,000 on it. THe other day i was driving it and all of a sudden it lost all power and stalled. I started it back up and it ran like crap, like it was missing, it had no power. I changed the fuel filter and that didn't change anything. The check engine light cam on so i got it checked out but there where no codes. The next morning i started it and it ran fine for about 5 miles and then ran like carp again. Then i started it this morning again and it ran fine for about 3-4 miles and started acting up. please help.

Thanks
Eric

Last edited by krackerracing; 11-19-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-18-2006, 11:50 AM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Check your oil.

Derrick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'97 F-350 "FORDOR" 4X4 (Dually Conversion, Shackle Reversal, Technicooler , Auto Meter Gauges, 4" DIY Dual Exhaust w/ '08 tips,
, Wicked Wheel 2, 360° thrust bearing, Homemade E-fuel conversion, Wildman Chip,
) 230K and counting...
post #3 of 9 Old 11-18-2006, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Checked oil and it fine, I just changed it not even 1000 miles ago.
post #4 of 9 Old 11-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Emergency Services

tell us about your truck....

year? ...etc...

2003 F350 SRW CC 4x4 6.0L
Coolant Bypass Filter w/ Cat ELC
Amsoil Oil Bypass Filter
Hypertech MaxEnergy / Bully Dog Outlook
Cat and muffler DELETE!
Icon 2" leveling kit
Mickey Thompson MTZs
ARP Head Studs / New Ford OEM HGs
New heads

Sinister Diesel EGR Cooler
Blue Spring Upgrade
New HPOP STC connection

post #5 of 9 Old 11-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Serving Our Country!

Cam Position Sensor (cps). This is a common problem on 7.3s and they cost like $200 from the dealer or $50 on ebay for real oem ford ones. I ordered one off ebay to keep in my glove box. I believe I saw a deal on ebay that was 2 for $90 shipped. Buy this and keep the spare in the truck. There should be more experienced guys on here soon to back this up. Good luck

2000 Ford F250 Super Duty Powerstroke ( 7,460lbs 5in rough country lift, 18in XD Revolvers, 35in Dura Grapplers, bilsteins all around, 4in.MBRPstraight pipe,WW,TS 6 pos chip,TS Monitor w/HUD,Tymar,map fooler,foil delete, zoodad, Kenwood stereo, pioneer 6x8s, JL 500V1 amp, and one JL12w7)

post #6 of 9 Old 11-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had the same problem with mine. I took it to a shop and no codes came up. Then I took it to a dealer it turned out that I had a couple of Injectors going bad. I don't know why the first shop didn't see the code. Also did you just have you oil changed? I had wally world change my oil once and they put plain 10W 30 and it ran very rough. Much the same way that you discribed. Needless to say I change my own oil now.

99.5 F250 XLT 4x4 Crew LB
Mods: Tymar, 4" MBRP exhaust, Shimmed FPR, Optics Guages , HPX line, AIH Plug, Overboost Annihilator, leveling Kit, DP-Tuner F5 ( 60 tow, 80 Eco , 120 Race , High Idle)
post #7 of 9 Old 11-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSmoker View Post
I had wally world change my oil once and they put plain 10W 30 and it ran very rough. Much the same way that you discribed. Needless to say I change my own oil now.

i didn't think of that. makes sense....if you use foamy/crappy oil, it doesnt actuate the injectors properly and would cause the problems described. when it's cold and thick, the oil is fine. once the oil warms, if it isnt designed for the extreme heat and compression of a diesel engine, it breaks down and foams....then you got problems.

2003 F350 SRW CC 4x4 6.0L
Coolant Bypass Filter w/ Cat ELC
Amsoil Oil Bypass Filter
Hypertech MaxEnergy / Bully Dog Outlook
Cat and muffler DELETE!
Icon 2" leveling kit
Mickey Thompson MTZs
ARP Head Studs / New Ford OEM HGs
New heads

Sinister Diesel EGR Cooler
Blue Spring Upgrade
New HPOP STC connection

post #8 of 9 Old 11-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Serving Our Country!

He said "all of a sudden" meaning this was an instantaneous failure. Thats why Im thinking cps. It doesnt seem likely that the wrong oil breaking down fits the bill. Same with injectors, since this is off and on, it fits the symptoms of common cps failures.

2000 Ford F250 Super Duty Powerstroke ( 7,460lbs 5in rough country lift, 18in XD Revolvers, 35in Dura Grapplers, bilsteins all around, 4in.MBRPstraight pipe,WW,TS 6 pos chip,TS Monitor w/HUD,Tymar,map fooler,foil delete, zoodad, Kenwood stereo, pioneer 6x8s, JL 500V1 amp, and one JL12w7)

post #9 of 9 Old 11-19-2006, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks felles i fixed it the harness was coming diconected under the valve cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode