'02 7.3 miss, AE test results ok - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'02 7.3 miss, AE test results ok

2002 F350 7.3 185k. Motor has a miss, not horrible but slight truck vibration and you can hear it well the exhaust. AE tests, Buzz test all individual solenoids buzz, some more than others for the various tests but all in the 700rpm to 900r range.

CCT test has come back test successful every time with no codes. The change in rotational velocity check comes back with all cylinders besides 2 and 8 at or near 0. 2 will read up to the high 1's and cylinder 8 I have seen after racing the engine up to a 3.6 At normal steady idle it's usually around 1.7-2.7 with the infrared temp gun those 2 cylinders are usually cooler although cylinder 8's temps will fluctuate wen sitting at ilde.

Codes present are p1280 ICP sensor circuit low (it has a new ICP and harness). Runs around 480psi at idle. It reads 53psi with the key on engine off also which I thought should be 0. P0113 IAT circuit high input. Replaced the sensor because the guy had some box jumped to it. It reads within 3degrees of EOT when cold so may be an old code. And P0605 Internal control module KAM error which I think is just saying the PCM has had work.

IPR is 9.37% at idle. MAP and EBP are within .1 degree. The BARO sensor reads about 4.6v and hardly ever changes and is red, but I've seen that's equivalent to 14.7 psi so should be right. New fuel filter, injector ORings, Glow plugs. There is one phantom blue wire coming off the engine harness not connected to anything but haven't been able to find what it goes to. If anyone has any help, please let me know. CPS looks newer and is the black or dark blue
Bad number 8 injector? Bad UCVH?

Last edited by Ests; 11-19-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ests View Post
2002 F350 7.3 185k. Motor has a miss, not horrible but slight truck vibration and you can hear it well the exhaust. AE tests, Buzz test all individual solenoids buzz, some more than others for the various tests but all in the 700rpm to 900r range.

CCT test has come back test successful every time with no codes. The change in rotational velocity check comes back with all cylinders besides 2 and 8 at or near 0. 2 will read up to the high 1's and cylinder 8 I have seen after racing the engine up to a 3.6 At normal steady idle it's usually around 1.7-2.7 with the infrared temp gun those 2 cylinders are usually cooler although cylinder 8's temps will fluctuate wen sitting at ilde.

Codes present are p1280 ICP sensor circuit low (it has a new ICP and harness). Runs around 480psi at idle. It reads 53psi with the key on engine off also which I thought should be 0. P0113 IAT circuit high input. Replaced the sensor because the guy had some box jumped to it. It reads within 3degrees of EOT when cold so may be an old code. And P0605 Internal control module KAM error which I think is just saying the PCM has had work.

IPR is 9.37% at idle. MAP and EBP are within .1 degree. The BARO sensor reads about 4.6v and hardly ever changes and is red, but I've seen that's equivalent to 14.7 psi so should be right. New fuel filter, injector ORings, Glow plugs. There is one phantom blue wire coming off the engine harness not connected to anything but haven't been able to find what it goes to. If anyone has any help, please let me know. CPS looks newer and is the black or dark blue
Bad number 8 injector? Bad UCVH?
Try a different cps. All your numbers appear fine.

53psi engine off means there is still just a bit of residual pressure in the hpop system. There are check valves in the hpop outlet ports so it doesn't drain back to reservoir. If you crack a fitting, you'll get just a bit of pressure relief of oil, then your sensor will read zero. Close to 500 at idle is normal. Duty cycle is just a tad bit high for idle, but nothing to worry about.
The 14.7 is not psi. Thats normal outside atmospheric pressure at close to sea level. Which is zero.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.