won't start.......again. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 01:25 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
won't start.......again.

getting really really really tired of this.

first no start issue, CPS replace

2nd no start issue, anti-drainback valve replaced for HPOP

multiple no start issues....no cause found as it eventually started and ran fine for a few weeks, just a random very hard start.

Today. been trying for 3 hours to start. checked HPOP oil level= good. tach reading when cranking so CPS seems to be ok.

I got it to start once, idled for a few minutes just fine. applied throttle it rose a few hundred RPM and then died and will not re start.

main issue, the batteries were drained nearly completely dead for some unknown reason when i went to start today, so i am not sure if that is a related issue or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 01:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Are u getting good fuel pressure? When's the last time u changed the fuel filter?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Is the "random hard start" on cold mornings?

Have the batteries checked, especially now that Winter is on it way (Load Tested at a high rate once fully recharged. Not one of those dinky 100A testers the Parts Stores have, we have Big Batteries that need to be tested at 250-300A to know they're up-to-snuff)

Is it cranking fast enough? Once you run the batteries down, even a little, you may have lost the ability to start altogether.

Old 11-23-2013, 02:44 PM

not cold morning, last week it was in the 50's here, and the issue began i guess over the summer so it does not seem to be cold related.

i have never changed the fuel filter, but i don't drive it often and if service records are correct is was changed less than 2000 miles ago.

checked fuel pressure today, mid 50s with key on, but obviously cannot check running pressure. Was told it should be 65 PSI, but should still run down into the mid 30 PSI range.

one battery is nearly new, i replaced it last week with a Known good battery as it came from a running (and starting) Cummins. other one tested good on my tester from work. seems to be cranking plenty fast.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Check ur icp pressure see what it is, also when ya unplug it see if there is oil in the sensor if there is its junk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.