2000 headaches - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry 2000 headaches

Ok here it goes never done this before but Im seriously lost
2000 F-350 173k miles 7.3
New: Injectors (Refurb from Swamps), UVCH, VC Gasket, IPR, IPC, CPS, HPOP, EBPS and tube, Oil, Fuel Filter, Air Filter. Think that's it.
Problem 1
Using AE doing KOER test shows P0476 (exhaust back pressure control valve)
?????? I assume that's what looks like the rod on the back of the turbo????
I can tell it has a vacuum diaphragm and have sucked (ha ha) on the line going to it and it seems to a) not hold vacuum and b) not operate. BAD?
Problem 2
Again using AE doing a KOEO test results are:
P1271 Cylinder #1 high to low side open
P1272 " #2 " " '" " "
P1277 " #7 " " " " "
P1293 Injector high side open bank #1
P1294 " " " " " #2
??????Don't know what to think. I have done the resistance check from IDM to injectors per GB Remanufacturing - Tech Bulletin #103
and everything was 3.3 ohms where needed and "OL" where necessary.
AE also shows after running for about 5-10 mins a coolant temp of 302f. NOT actual temp block is still easy to touch and radiator hoses are cool. I do live at 8000' elev but I have had a stalling issue since I bought the truck in OK. (Live in NM) Truck runs fine except for extended lengths then the power is gone. Sorry for the long winded report but I have done alot to it and still cant fix the problem, please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

dont worry about coolant temp. The AE cannot read it through the OBD.

I'd double check the connections at the UVCH outside and under the valve covers.

Then, remove the EBP sensor and tube..(in fromt of hpop and snorkels to p/s manifold), and clean/replace if neccessary.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Premium Member

Checked connections all reading 3.3 ohms from IDM to injector
New EBP sensor and tube HELP
Old 11-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Premium Member

Well Ill go ahead and give an update haven't had much help but appreciate what I got. Started truck this morning everything was normal. Got out on the highway and gave it hell. Turned around about two miles out and noticed a loss of power. Limped it home (barely in 4 low) immediately shut it off and opened the fuel bowl. Half empty. Cycled fuel pump on off on off slowly fuel came up never filled up. Now looking at fuel pump and hutch mod. I'll keep updating hopefully this helps someone else.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Premium Member

Well Ill go ahead and give an update haven't had much help but appreciate what I got. Started truck this morning everything was normal. Got out on the highway and gave it hell. Turned around about two miles out and noticed a loss of power. Limped it home (barely in 4 low) immediately shut it off and opened the fuel bowl. Half empty. Cycled fuel pump on off on off slowly fuel came up never filled up. Now looking at fuel pump and hutch mod. I'll keep updating hopefully this helps someone else.

New update..... replaced fuel pump did hutch mod and pre filter. Prior to test run wanted to verify fuel into fuel bowl. Drained off existing fuel and looked inside and oh hell. Full of trash. New orings and a pressure regulator kit and back up and running. Now dip stick leaks ordered from guzzlemans...............................to be continued
Old 11-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

sounds like you are getting some wrench time.
it always seems stuff needs replacing all at once..

the ebpv sensor is up front, a tube runs from the passenger side manifold to the sensor, which is on the front of the block.

at this point just replace both.
the tube usually gets holes in it and is no good. the sensor has a diaphragm that fails as well.
dieselorings sells these parts. lot cheaper than the stealership.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:03 AM
Premium Member

Thanks Stroker I appreciate the feedback. I have replaced the tube and EBPS since then and since then developed the infamous dip stick leak. No kidding that thing leaks thats a lot of oil. Ordered diesel o rings kit and have now repaired that. Wasn't to bad JUST DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND COMPLETELY READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST unlike I did. Got everything torn apart tied off the brush so I wouldn't lose it and let it go. Then Step 5 says to keep the adapter part clean. WHAT oops. I let it lay in the pan. So cleaning it was fun but no leaks after I finished.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.