01 f-550 needs help!!!!!!!!!! intermittent miss and white smoke!!!!! Video!!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 02:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 f-550 needs help!!!!!!!!!! intermittent miss and white smoke!!!!! Video!!!!!!

hawaii f-550 05:28 AM Yesterday

Hey new to this site. Joined because I'm in need of your guys help!!!!!!! I have an 01 f-550 with the 7.3l. 237k on the clock. 6 speed manual. The truck is a car carrier. Pcm crapped out a couple months ago, changed cps at th at time(gray from Napa). Reman pcm and truck fired right up. Used truck a few times with no issues. Problem occurred while driving home on the highway one day and the truck dropped some cylinders. Idk how many. Could barely pull 15mph. Limped up the shoulder for a couple miles and finally reached the top of incline and rolled down and truck seemed to clear out. Made it to a buddy's shop and pulled driver valve cover. Connection seemed OK...contact cleaned and dielectric greased large plug harness(42pin??), and the uvch in and out. Drove home with no issues.. did one more tow about 30 miles or so no issues. Last time I used the truck miss fire and no power occurred after 10-15 miles of driving. Soooo I changed uvch and gasket on both sides with OEM parts and 50 cent trick. Problem still exists. Truck will start and idle fine. But as soon as it reaches operating temperature it starts missfiring and blowing white smoke, maybe kinda gray. Idles horribly no power, miss fire and white smoke and hard to rev past 2000..... if I turn the truck off and let it sit for a while the truck will start fine and idle till i start driving and get to operating temp. Hardly any blow by at idle. Fuel pressure is at 65 PS I at idle and under rev while its running good haven't checked it at WOT under load yet didn't know. No cel when problem begins. Passed buzz test while cold no dtcs. Sounded good and even. Next idle and warm up to operating temp. Cct passed. No codes. Next koer self test and I get p0476. Idk. What's going on. Can anyone point me in some kind of direction. So frustrated. Oil change rotella and motor craft filter less than 500 miles. Same with fuel filter. Drained bowl and fuel seems to look OK.....PLease help. I can try answer anything relevant to the best of my knowledge..thanks in advance!!!!!! Will try post a did of how it is when running bad. Sorry video!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2013, 02:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Not too sure recently purchased truck back in February. Can anyone tell me if I'm even going in the right direction with this????? Or what my next step of action should be. Any other enthusiasts in hawaii(Oahu)????
Old 11-09-2013, 02:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

OK so no cel ever. ......this is what baffles me. Doesn't the computer know its running terribly???? Next is icp and IPR. First start at idle 664 RPM 5 75 ICP 13℅ IPR. / 1500 rpm 700ICP 14% I PR. / 1841 RPM. 1000ICP 18%IPR. / 2400 RPM. 1400PSI. 22% IPR. I mright have access to the snap on scanner again. Seems like and older one. But it did a buzz test and cct. Cct didn't show any info. Just did test and said passed. Not lossing any coolant... oh yeah the icp and I PR readings were not while driving just in neutral and some rev.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Here's a link to the video of what's happening when things start messing up You might have to copy and paste the address

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvzX...e_gdata_player
Old 11-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

how does the coolant look in the overflow? see if there is any fuel in there.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Already checked for fuel in coolant. None. Any other input
Old 11-10-2013, 05:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

ya man, what you said in the video. Pull the vc's, and start unplugging 1 injector at a time ,and see what injector, DIDNT change the pitch/throttle response....also, before unplugging each, while trucks' idling, look at injectors for oil spitting.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

^if you have access to a Snap-on scanner you should be able to do that with a power balance test
Old 11-10-2013, 06:27 AM
WNY Biodiesel Co-op

What Timmyboy said , you have at least 1 bad injector .Locate it and I would look into a new set of injectors . With 237K your due.. You need to have a reliable truck in your line of work , so to replace just the one or 2 , you would be asking for trouble down the road.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If there is an injector bad, does anyone know what is wrong with the injector itself???
Is the cylinder contribution the same as power balance???
I can try and get a old of the snap on scanner again. Its old nothing fancy.
What should I be monitoring PIDS wise??
any input??? Common guys I'm baffled!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
intermittent, missfire, smoke, white

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.