p1316 99-03 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
p1316 99-03

hey guys i have an 00 7.3 turbo diesel and idk what to do ive started from the bottom and idk where to go. I have a flashpaq superchip/ diagnostic reader my code is p1316. I took down the valve cover i checked the entire thing for continuity and everything was good injectors glow plugs took the harness off everything checked out. the truck is running on 4 cylinders basically i can reach down and grab the driver side exhaust manifold they are cold as hell the passengers is hot. i have my ICP covered in oil inside and out i cleaned it up nicely i cranked it still runs terrible. i tryed unplugging it while running nothing changed at all i put it back in nothing changed i pulled down the idm module and everything looked good connector box and all. i did have a turbo boost sensor code but i noticed it was a little loose cleaned it put it back code went off now all i have is p1316 and dont know where to go thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The 1316 is really telling you that the IDM is requesting a Buzz Test be done so it can further resolve specific codes. IF the wiring/connectors are really OK, your IDM is probably bad.

Any one around you with a 7.3? Somebody you could do a quick swap with? Any 7.3 IDM will do, as a test, and is the surest/quickest way to call yours bad or not...
Old 11-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

idk all a buzz test would do is tell me if my injectors are kickin and i hooked everything back up and checked the connection from the harness pins and everything has good continuity example (center pin ground to first injector good enginge block to glow plug pin good) the pipes are ice cold i dont know anybody with 7.3 i unplug the harness on the drivers side and nothing changes but everything comes out good idk if i had a bad idm wouldnt i get a code? i unplugged the idm and got an error idm code

Last edited by i69dyourmom; 11-01-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

im going to try and find an idm to swap
Old 11-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok i swapped idms with 2 good ones and both did the same thing........... so its not the idm
Old 11-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

alright well this site was absolutely helpless
Old 11-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Serving Our Country!

You checked your UVCH?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by i69dyourmom View Post
alright well this site was absolutely helpless
Come On,,, it's not useless, you found it wasn't the IDM - right?

Swapping the first IDM wasn't good enough? You tried a second one? That's PERSEVERANCE!

If you could do a Buzz Test and have the results stored in the IDM's memory (the reason your SuperChip is not the diagnostic tool you think is is...) you'd know even more. As I said, the IDM has a series of tests it does and will give you the results after the Buzz...

But, you want to do it without the benefit of the right equipment, and I think you can really. I would go back to your continuity tests but, this time, start at the IDM connector. You could have a problem before the UCVH plug.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Without the diagnostic equipment you need ( I don't own it either) you are facing an uphill climb. Buzz test would rule out electrical.
You mention having the valve cover down, I assume you ran the truck with it off?? Watching for the oil drain from the injectors. Without either fuel or high pressure oil to pump the injectors, you could get the same no fire on either head. Both hp oil and fuel run to each head in separate lines. Just throwin that out there. Fuel line blocked could give the same symptom.
Seeing the injectors not pumping oil does not rule out electrical though.

Last edited by JaggedEdge; 11-06-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have hankook currently
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.