loss of power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
loss of power

ok I tried searching but never really found a answer to the problem im having. I have a 2001 f 250 7.3l crew cab 4x4, I have a 4 inch mbrp and the intake mod along with a superchip flashpack. Now to my problem under hard acceleration this thing pours black smoke im talking shutting down roads black smoke and feels like it falls on its face if you let up and keep it around 2300-2400 rpms it accelerates ok. I've had it a lil over a year and have replaced both vcgs and the harness for the injectors. any time at wot and it throws code p1211 any ideas im about ready to scrap my programmer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Pull the programmer and see what happens

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have same problem. 99 F250 w/banks and superchips programer. It runs good, black smoke under hard pull but it does not have the snap when the programer used to kick in at about 17 or 1800 rpm.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

mine only does it with the programmer installed. I turned it down on the lowest setting and it cut back on the majority of the smoke but feels like it is lacking power still when I get on it. it revs up to between 2700 and 3000 rpms but wont go.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:35 AM

loss of power

Possibilities:

Turbo/Intercooler Boots Leaking
Up Pipe Leak
Plugged Fuel Pick Up/Filters In Tank
Old 09-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Powerstroke Junkie

crappy tunes. There is a huge difference between custom tunes and Generic tunes. I don't know of a single person that has tried both that says they prefer the Generic tunes better. Try a quality tune from DP, PHP, Wildman, etc............. then get back to us. Don't worry about the 1211 code, it means your injectors are needing more pressure than the HPOP can put out. Cure is the Adrenaline HPOP or go Big Oil with dual pumps?
Old 09-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
crappy tunes. There is a huge difference between custom tunes and Generic tunes. I don't know of a single person that has tried both that says they prefer the Generic tunes better. Try a quality tune from DP, PHP, Wildman, etc............. then get back to us. Don't worry about the 1211 code, it means your injectors are needing more pressure than the HPOP can put out. Cure is the Adrenaline HPOP or go Big Oil with dual pumps?
Incorrect. Adrenaline pump or duals will not cure the problem. People have run well over 500hp on s stock 17* HPOP. Don't waste your money on a high dollar HPOP if you are not running sticks that would require it. 1211 code probably means you need to check you ICP sensor or IPR first. Canned tunes are not bad, they are just not as good as custom. You have other issues and its not your programmer. Before I had all my mods, all I had was a Superchips 1705.

Last edited by hucorey; 09-06-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:49 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucorey View Post
Incorrect. Adrenaline pump or duals will not cure the problem. People have run well over 500hp on s stock 17* HPOP. Don't waste your money on a high dollar HPOP if you are not running sticks that would require it. 1211 code probably means you need to check you ICP sensor or IPR first. Canned tunes are not bad, they are just not as good as custom. You have other issues and its not your programmer. Before I had all my mods, all I had was a Superchips 1705.

Could be right, BUT

It more than likely is the hpop. But the only way to check it is get it on a scan tool that can monitor icp under full load. Ive seen stock injectored trucks benefit from an adrenalin pump. Bob's got the dyno sheets to prove it. DON'T GO buy a 600 hpop before you look at what your stock hpop is doing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 09-06-2013, 01:50 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

And as far as canned tunes, ask people who burnt up their transmissions from using an Edge Tuner.....

And the good guys(php, Wildman, ect) off the shelf tunes are way better than a superchips, edge or Diablo tuner any day. Those are not really "custom" tunes though. Just better tunes

Old 09-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC SuperTech View Post
And as far as canned tunes, ask people who burnt up their transmissions from using an Edge Tuner.....

Edge yes. BTS actually will recommend canned tunes from Superchips if you can't afford or don't want yo spend the money on custom tunes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
7.3l, p1211, smoke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.