no oil pressure? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2006, 10:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy no oil pressure?

ok, so i just bought this late 99 f350 6spd psd drw 4x4 w250,000. needs front wheel bearings, ball joints tlc etc. it was a repo and cheap enough i have room to work. aside from 1 2003 @ 23,000$ it was the only one i could find equipped the way i wanted( psd, drw, 6spd, excab, 4x4 with manual trnfr case. etc, etc) this truck has good body, paint, interior, etc for about 1/3 the price of the 03. so anyway, i drive 500 miles to pick it up, drive it around the block, runs ok, oil is ok, etc. load it on my gooseneck (steep incline for a couple of minutes at just off idle in low 4x4) and it never seems to miss a beat. pay the bank and haul home. unload that night and truck seems to be missing. running rough, etc. tired, need sleep, mess w/ it later. couple of days later change fuel filter and fuel up @ local truckstop then take truck to valvoline xpress care about 1 mile from my shop. they have always done me a good job and compared to most quik lubes i trust them as the owner works on the floor. put new valvoline fleet blend in it 15/40 i believe. have them detail truck ( wash under hood, clean door jams, etc.) to put me in a better mood to work on it. drive it home (always starts good btw) still seems to miss and be weak.put snap on scanner on it shows ebv code. ebv sensor is reading 49psi with koeo and 51psi snap throttle koer. so i order sensor also has a po 1212? icp voltage @ unexpected level or something like that. so i decide to ck hpop pressures via scanner. i follow procedures listed and ck readings @idle and @ 3400 for what seems like an eternity w/no load in nuetral. passes test fine. don't remember exact #s but plenty good. shut truck off. leave it for 20min or so come back to move it out of the way 'til parts come in. start it, runs for 20secs or so and dies. scratch head. hook scanner back up monitor high side pressure while cranking- slowly climbs, to 30-40 psi. might go more but might toast starter. (voltage plenty good btw)so i think ok maybe leaky ipr orings let go-order that kit + new icp sensor and an xtra cmp while i am at it.(btw oil temp @ 140 and 3 hrs later @ 85 no chnge) fuel filter hsng full- lift pump seems to be ok. engine oil level ok.hpop not full. get new parts. install ipr orings first refill hpop. start truck runs few secs. dies-go ahead change icp sensor, and ebpvs ( which now shows 14psi koeo- go figure) still no high icp readings just slowly up to 35-45psi. refill hpop again nearly full this time. start truck,. look at oil pressure guage in dash this time-nothing. truck dies just as i am about to kill it for no oil pressure. georotor pump? ck valve or ball? pik up tube crack? bad ipr- not just orings?(which looked fine when i replaced) sorry so long. just figured there is no sense in beating a dead horse on where i have already been. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2006, 05:19 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Welcome! I'm going to bump this for one of the Tech's to try and help you with.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks sir!
Old 10-22-2006, 06:48 AM
Jon

Oil pump.

Is there any leaking around the crank pulley by the base oil pump? You said now you don't have base oil pressure right. You sure there is 15 qts in it?
Old 10-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

no obvious oil leak any where... no oil on ground of any relative amount. i did not put oil in truck myself but it comes up about half way on crosshatch on stick.actually a little fuller than that since i have added a quart to hpop in an attempt to get it to run.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

wheres marc? help anyone?
Old 10-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Gun Nut

Marc is on a hunting trip for nearly two weeks and has no phone, or Internet access. We'll keep this bumped up until someone can help you. I wish I could help but I'm still a newb to diesels.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok, thanks!
Old 10-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Gun Nut

Bump for the smart guys.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

HEY MARC! heard you took some r&r. hope you had a good time. i took a little time off myself. anyway on my list of 1002 things to do i still need to get my 1 ton going-need to start hauling hay. i still have no start because resorvoir will appears to not be getting oil. I did read a tsb somewhere monday saying that possibly oil filter bypass in filter head end of oil cooler might have come apart (spring, washer, and fiber washer or something like that) getting ready to drop filter and replace w/motorcraft. any input from you or anyone else who has time to mess with it would be appreciated. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.