E99 f-250 Cant find oil leak driping down back of oil pan? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
E99 f-250 Cant find oil leak driping down back of oil pan?

Hello,

I have been chasing an oil leak for a long time now?? I only have the oil going down the back of the oil pan and it comes down the transmission to the middle of the transmission then drops also very important only leaks at shut off!!! 4 drops every time does not leak while running at all. And does not come out immediately only comes out as it sits so will say in 10 minutes 4-9 drops every time the truck shuts off.

Things I have fixed:

-Tightened the oil pan dipstick nut the giant one that the dipstick goes into the oil pan.
-Turbo pedestal upper and lower O-rings.
-The Exhaust back pressure piston valve that hooks up to exhaust.
-Valve cover gaskets both sides.
-Cleaned and tightened all boots and silicone couplings.
-Made sure the CCV was actually connected into the intake.
-Tightened all oil pan bolts.
-Checked the oil galley plugs I see seeping but no dripping or leaking more like oil splashed on it?

Also I pretty much tightened every bolt I could see not over torqued but made sure they were tight. But here is the other thing I have done. I have cleaned out the valley where there is no oil left at all then there is oil after I start it in the front middle and back of the valley not a lot but enough to see there are puddles in each location and it never over flows it's just there not plugs or sensors are seeping or leaking and what gets me is it is in all 3 locations does the metal pores store oil then it comes out?

So I have come to the conclusion that I'm losing my mind LOL JK do you guys think it could be the rear main seal leak? the turbo leaking but doesn't have major signs when I took it out? or could it be built up oil seeping from boots from the CCV or are there hidden oil lines back there because I'm not sure what to do next I think I just might take transmission off and look but hopefully someone says o ya there is a screw in the back LOL.
Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo1990 View Post
But here is the other thing I have done. I have cleaned out the valley where there is no oil left at all then there is oil after I start it in the front middle and back of the valley not a lot but enough to see there are puddles in each location and it never over flows

So I have come to the conclusion that I'm losing my mind LOL JK do you guys think it could be the rear main seal leak?
dont think a rear main leak, will fill the valley.. Possible, you pinched an oring or 2, when re-installing the turbo?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

This is a pic of the hpop. The plug on the back of mine was leaking and my valley was always full of oil until I found it and replaced the o-ring on the plug. If that's your problem don't buy the o-ring kit from ford unless you want to spend $64 on three o-rings. I think you can order them from DieselOrings
Old 08-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcrow5 View Post

This is a pic of the hpop. The plug on the back of mine was leaking and my valley was always full of oil until I found it and replaced the o-ring on the plug. If that's your problem don't buy the o-ring kit from ford unless you want to spend $64 on three o-rings. I think you can order them from DieselOrings
X2

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 10-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Alright I apologize for taking so long to reply I have done a lot of work so far. The leak in the valley was from the HPOP and, I removed it and replaced all o-rings on the HPOP and the fuel bowl from dieselorings.com and since I was in there I changed the IPR and ICP sensor since I just bought the truck a few months ago. The truck runs amazing with new sensors and I now have no oil in the valley well except under the turbo portion. But the leak is only at shut-off and I think that it is coming from the turbo since the galley plugs are not leaking and would assume a rear main seal leak to be much stronger of a leak. Otherwise I will just keep driving and keep inspecting.
Things replaced for oil leak:

Cylinder head bolts were loose causing oil in the valley not the valve cover bolts but the ones near the engine lift mounts located on both sides of motor.
Turbo pedestal and turbo O-rings along with EBPV Exhaust Back Pressure Valve.
Valve cover gaskets and bolts were loose.
HPOP and fuel bowl from dieselorings.com.
ICP and IPR sensor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.