High HPOP Pressure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High HPOP Pressure

Ok hope someone might be able to help me out. I just put a Stealth SRP 1.1 HPOP pump on my truck (because old one only maintained 2400psi at WOT).
The pump works great.

All throttle positions appear to be fine looking at my gauge and how it acts.

However, when at WOT it goes to 4000psi and maintains 4000psi without dropping a bit.

It has a fairly new ford ipr and icp sensor (2 months old). I installed a new backpressure sensor when I swapped the pump.

Does someone know why it would maintain 4000 psi now?

Thanks,
Ben
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
4000 PSI is really high for most setups. What tunes are you running and do you have a 10k mod installed?
Old 06-18-2013, 03:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm running dp tunes also as far as I know there is no 10k mod installed. How would I check if there is to be certain? I didn't see a resistor in the connector wiring close to the sensor. Just weird that it is only doing it at wot when fully warm. Was thinking that it might be a bad oil temp sensor
Old 06-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Serving Our Country!

It's probably not a 10k mod. I didn't quite think that one through, it makes ICP look lower so the IPR forces more pressure but your reading would still be low. I am guessing your running some sort of gauge tapped into the ICP sensor, do you know anyone with a scanner so you can compare what your gauge is reading, also get duty cycle. Aside from that, I would pull the chip just to make sure Jody didn't program your tunes for high ICP.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Premium Member

I know some HPOP's can require custom tunes, but it's looking that that is simply an aggressive stock pump. It could be enough to require a reburn, but I'd disconnect the batteries to make the PCM forget any learning it's done over the years, and let it start fresh.

Best bet is to contact DP and see what they have to say about it. I'm sure you're not the only customer to run that HPOP, so they should have some form of experience with it.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Serving Our Country!

That's not at all how these trucks work. The PCM will look for a certain ICP depending on the tune and use the IPR to regulate that pressure. There is no learning for the ICP and a SRP isn't that aggressive of a pump, I happen to run one with DP tunes myself. You would have to step up to dual pumps before custom tuning is needed to control it and even then, some people do run high ICP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.