Error Code P1395 - What is it? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Error Code P1395 - What is it?

My 97 PS just threw a code and it's P1395. My reader and this forum Tech doesn't show what this code is. Does anyone out there know what it is?

Thanks!

Doug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2008, 01:49 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

P1395: glow plug monitor fault bank 1 (right). Possible GPR, open in circuit 38 (BK/O) or fusible link.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the input. I had a glow plug relay related code for about a year, but never had any issues. I recently (last month) changed all the glow plugs, and the glow plug relay. Right after doing that the check engine light turned off for a couple of days of use. I don't drive the truck much, so the next time I went to drive it (2 weeks later), the check engine light came on again.

Ok, assuming it's NOT the glow plugs or the relay, what should I be looking for (checking), and where is each suspect component?

I'm actually selling the truck because I just replaced it with an 05 dually 4x4 Powerstroke. That said, I just need a quick fix to get that damn light turned off! I've reset it a couple of times, but as soon as you turn the key on and let the 'wait to start' light turn off, the check engine comes back on.

What should I check first, second, third, etc.? The truck only has 86K miles on it.

Doug
Old 04-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
only 86K on it? how much are you selling it for?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'd like to get 10K for it, but that may be a stretch given the economy. The truck is in perfect condition minus a couple of small/minor issues. I never planed to get rid of it and I actually hate doing it, but..... I bought a stacker Race Car trailer that weighs in at about 13K lbs with my race bike, race car, and equipment. I pulled the trailer home empty (weighed 7500lbs empty) with the 97 PS and it did fine, but I knew if I almost doubled the weight I'd eventually kill the truck. So, the next week I bought a 2005 F350 dually with a Banks, ARP studded heads, etc. A really nice truck and is better suited for the kind of load I'll be hauling.

The 97 has fresh oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, glow plugs, glow plug relay, new wiper blades, and while I was in there I replaced the fuel filter o-rings... just in case they decided to think about leaking. The truck needs 2 things... the lumbar pump hose on the drivers seat popped off one end or the other (haven't investigated it yet), and one of the fuel tank sending units isn't working. That's pretty much it. 88,600 miles on her, 1 owner, clean car fax, never beat, only used 4wd in high for a few trips up the road to Lake Tahoe.(1 hour from me) Interior is spotless, and you can eat off the motor! I just washed her yesterday, so I'll have to post some new pics. Until then, she can be viewed at the following link. My closest big city is Sacramento, Calif., and I'm about 25 minutes from the airport near Roseville, Calif. Let me know if you're interested as I'm going to start advertising it this weekend. It's a hell of a truck for $10K, so make me a reasonable cash offer and we'll see where it goes from there! Cash talks!

Truck Pics

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.