New PCM, wont start on different tunes only stock - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New PCM, wont start on different tunes only stock

Recently I just installed a new Pcm because my old one was in a "confused" state

brought it to the dealership and they said my PCM was "poisoned" so i got a remaned one from a salvage yard

So when I start my truck on stock it starts fine, no codes, everything works, except when I give it a lil rpm's it blows a puff of blue smoke...
If I hold it to the rev limiter it goes straight to 3500 with no bouncing like it used to.. and blows white smoke from around 2800 to 3200 then clears up

Now when I go to put a different tune on (using edge evolution 15001) it won't start...I don't hear the fuel pump kick on but every other sound it makes is the normal start up sounds

It will just crank and crank but nothing... on the tuner with the truck off it says I'm at 16 psi boost ...

Now when I run diag on it with a higher tune it brings up these 3 codes

P0340 - CMP circuit fault
P1210 - injector control pressure above expected level
P0221 - throttle position switch B circuit range/performance problem

on stock i get the code P0603 - power interruption on (kapwr) circuit

The pcm I just installed is the exact same as I pulled from my truck... same dpc number and everything... only difference is this pcm was in a roll over..

Now I don't think the roll over part has anything to do with it because it runs fine on stock.

Anyone have any ideas?

( yes I know edge sucks but it was free from a friend so I took it)

someone said that my PCM needs to be "married" to my FICM? the FICM is the Injector Control Module correct? (idk what the F stands for)

if so would i have to just bring it to ford again and have them re-program my new PCM to my trucks VIN, and other stuff?

any ideas/info would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
Alex

edit: btw this is a 02 7.3l
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.