99 f550 NO START - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99 f550 NO START

We bought this truck used with 99k on the clock a month or so ago, it now has 101k. Its a 1999 (01/99) f550 with a 7.3 and an auto trans with a 6 position switch in the dash (I assume a TS).. Truck was running ok, was not very good on fuel (7mpg) pulling a 10k pump around, but generally did the job just fine. The guys drove it from Alabama to Tennessee (200 miles) with a couple job boxes on the bed to a job on Friday, stopped about 30 miles from the plant and filled it up with fuel. They drove on in, worked for the morning, and drove the truck to lunch-- no problems. A few hours later one of the guys was overheated and went to sit in the truck, run the AC and cool off. The truck started, then stalled and now will NOT restart. I had it towed in and started looking at it. They had completely killed the batts trying to start it, so I have them charging. With a hot set in it, and a 40 amp charger on I can spin the engine very quickly, but no start. The WTS light DOES come on, and seems to time out normally, the tach DOES rise slightly when trying to start. I pulled the codes and it has a CPS code or two, and an ICP code or two-- also one from the IDM and a p1219 cylinder code? I unplugged the ICP (no oil visible) and the truck still does
NOT start. I cleared the codes and still nothing. I buzz tested the injectors, they all buzzed and there were no additional codes afterwards. What would be the next logical thing to do? I have thought about changing the CPS, but with the TACH coming up I feel it would not be the problem. I still need to check the HPOP reservoir, I will do that in the morning. The fuel filter was full of fuel and the fuel pump runs as it should. Side note, I have a snap on scanner so if there are any other numbers that would be helpful just ask!

Thanks in advance for the help

Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

HPOP was empty.. Truck doesnt look to have had the oil changed in years. Maybe after an oil change it will be able to pick oil up fast enough to keep the reservoir full.. We will see..
Old 06-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Wow, this is like the third thread where I have said this. Check your oil level. I have had trucks towed in with no start. First thing I do is pull the dip stick. I have had a couple thirteen fourteen trucks that had no oil showing on the dip stick. I added oil to the proper level and the trucks were back on the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.