HELP! truck is throwing codes and need to fix asap - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP! truck is throwing codes and need to fix asap

Ok went to pick my daughter up this morning and my truck was running fine. all of a sudden it looses boost and starts running like crap. idles weird. can barely hear the turbo. wont get over 35 40 mph. I get to her house turn it off and when i start it back up it runs fine. then on my way to work it does it again. info on truck. ok its a 2001 f 350 dually. 333,000 miles. i checked oil and all fluids and they are fine. i have an edge evolution on it. i drive around on the 3rd setting and pull with the tow setting. truck has never ever gave me any promblems. she is my baby and my daily driver. she is hooked to a trailer at least every other day with load sizes from 10,000lbs to 16,000lbs. i checked for codes and got these. ( P1316-inject. circuit and/or ism codes.) (P1211-inject. control pressure above/below desired). P0541- manifold intake air heater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok also more info it is nearing time for a oil change and i checked for the codes with the edge dignostics.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Premium Member

I am going off memory but search the code as I think it could be your valve cover harness or the connector.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok i will check both as soon as i get off work. i hope it is something as simple as that. i will look the codes.

LONG LIVE THE POWERSTROKE
Old 05-19-2013, 03:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

P0603-PCM kam error code is also being thrown now. I don't understand. It ran fine when I started it up to leave work then it just lost power going down road. Feels like it is loseing half the cylenders. Turbo won't spool up. Im fixing to check the valve covers and the hook ups. But I feel like it is something to do with making the engine/injectors fire any input would be appreciated
Old 05-19-2013, 06:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
First, you can actually just ignore the 603. What it's saying is, that at sometime in the recent past, the PCM went unpowered (pull it, a fuse, or battery, you get that). Aslo, the 541 isn't anything to worry about either (the AIH isn't even necessary).

The two that are significant, are the 1316 and the 1211.

The 1316 is an IDM code alerting you to the fact that the IDM sees something wrong with the electrical control of the injectors (most often you'll find they aren't all firing, commonly, a whole side) and it needs to have you perform a Buzz Test on it to enable the IDM to narrow the problem down (you'll need a better piece of equipment to do a buzz test than a code reader)

The 1211 is about HiPres oil. There are Many reasons for you to get a 1211 and it too will require better equipment to help you diagnose and narrow down. Start with the basics, monitor the ICP pressure and IPR %. I don't much about your Edge, BUT because tuning often puts those HiPres values out-of-spec, for performance gains, it is not uncommon to have the 1211 get set and not have a real problem.

SO, if you feel like you've lost 1/2 the cylinders, that's where I'd start. You well may have. If you check for heat in the exhaust manifolds, compare the two sides, you can often find the "dead" side (sometimes it's just a matter of feeling them). Check the UVCH plug on the bad side carefully. If it's OK, follow the wiring from it back to the IDM for signs of chafing against things (valve covers and the like) and then suspect the IDM itself (which, because of its location, can get water in it)

Have a look at this vid ->

Old 05-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok thank you the video was very helpful. I'm just now working on my truck. My 4 year old keeps changing my plans on me. I'm taking the valve covers off now to see if if the plugs. Then ill go from there. Will let you know how it goes
Old 05-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok started raining and had to come in the house. But I did discover my driver side connection was loose under the valve cover. I had started putting valve cover back on when it started raining. Will let you know if this fixes my promblem
Old 05-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If it was partially unplugged, it will cause certainly this problem. Do the quarter trick to prevent it from happening again, but you want to be sure to inspect that plug to be sure the Glow Plug connections didn't get burnt away too...
Old 05-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok just got it started up and drove it around for a bit. Ran great 334,986 miles and still pulling strong. I was going to do quarter trick but discovered the connectors were broke off. So I just pushed back together and I'm fixing to order new valve cover gaskets and harnes. I would like to thank both of you for helping me. Lol I have discovered I need to rebuild my turbo maybe. Besides a clutch nothing has ever been replaced on my truck except glow plugs. Do you have any recommendations for wats to get more power that can be used safely while towing loads up to 16,000 pounds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.