water causes troubles? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 12:00 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
water causes troubles?

I was driving it today and for the first time since i got my chip reprogrammed by BTS, i sprayed water (washer fluid) and as soon as i did it, it started making a pinging noise. i stopped and listened to it and it was a motor noise, im thinking coming from the driver side, like under the valve cover (valvetrain?) it also made a consistent popping noise out the intake like it was blowing exhaust out the intake (due to bent valve?) so i limped it home. on the way home it made a knock noise every say 5 sec at 1500 rpm then went away. also i noticed the boost gauge was fluctuating quite a bit. It lost alot of power and idles extremely rough like im missing a cylinder. there was one time during the limp back i was at about 10lbs of boost and let off, i had turbo surge, but it only happened once.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Luke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

did you tell him you were going to use meth before he programmed your chip ? if he didnt know you were going to and turned your fuel way up adding more fuel "the meth" will cause predetionation and thats not good
Old 03-02-2008, 12:15 PM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
i wouldnt use washer fluid! i would water and the mix
Old 03-02-2008, 12:24 PM

I had the chip defueled because the the pw was way too high like 6.7ms and wasn't building any ip (like 1600#) had been running the washer fluid right along with no problem.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:05 PM

nothin wrong with washer fluid thats what most run the winter blend fluid seems to work best try calling bts in morn and have him double check his tune file to make sure he burned you the right one sometimes mix ups happen oh and ever think about connectin to your trucks washer fluid tank as well ? just did a pretty sweet set up on a buddys truck he got the 2 qt tank with his snow kit and it never seemed to last long enough we got some tubing and a tee and some nipple fittings and tied into the snow tank now he can pull from both tanks works pretty nice
Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 PM

well bts has seemed to come up with the right answer for any question that ive thrown at them. my 6 gal. res. is in the toolbox of my truck works slick. went out and started my truck to find that there was no more tick or clatter. it just has a miss to it. a buzz test and contribution test and some time with the scanner are the start to the answer to this situation. I highly doubt bottom end issues they are consistant and usually noisy. The oil pressure is good. no heat issues or extra blowby out the crankcase. so rings and valves are temporary out of my thinking. also no recorded case of broken valve springs to my knowledge. It maybe an injectior issue or just another pain in the hiney. I just think that maybe spraying it at that time is mere coincidence. also just got fuel from country fair(not common practice for me). snows kit is by far superior, in my oppinon
coolingmist has no customer service to speak of and has little to no experience on diesels. or just don't care one of the two. the both have similar pumps and progressive controllers but one runs a pos. trigger and the other runs a neg. trigger controller. fyi
not that it has any relavance. but i hope that you are considering snows system if you are going to do one. you wont regret it
Old 03-02-2008, 07:44 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good to hear Luke. Let me know if it happens again. I don't like water/meth for this type of reason. All kinds of weird stuff can happen.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:57 AM

yes the snow stage 3 is the one im ordering ive been looking at them all and after putting the snow in his truck and seein how nice it was and the controler is well though out its definately the one im going with
Old 03-03-2008, 11:12 AM

I know where there is a coolingmist system for sale for really cheap if you are interested. LOL Now i know what i have been saving the quaterstick for all of these years. I good explosion can solve even the biggest of problems. or it just makes you feel good ($650.00) down the drain. oh well guess you live and learn right. buzz test buzzed on all eight. but could get the contribution test to register. have to wait for a buddy to bring over his scanner after work. I think that the problem is valvetrain related (pushrod) If it colapsed a lifter, bent a valve the pushrod would bend first. so if no bent pushrod then maybe no lifter or valve problem. hopefully the test points me tward the right hole. Have never heard of a broken spring but anything is possible. at least for me anyway.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:14 PM

for some reason i can never get the contribution test to run on mine either . useing a snapon scanner itll run the test on all other diesel makes but wont on my psd dont know why
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.