running rough, white smoke from exhaust and much more - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
running rough, white smoke from exhaust and much more

okay here it goes. so last time last year I made the biggest mistake. I feel like such a dumb***. well I getting ready to leave on my cross country trip from cali to fort drum I decided to change out the oil but idk what it was maybe the fact that it was my first time doing a cross country trip I forgot to change the oil and I forgot to drain the main oil pan and just replaced the filter so I filled it up with the new oil while it still had the old oil in it still. it was about half a mile when I left my house that it starting throwing a whole bunch of oil and white smoke out of the exhaust and it "ran away" for a couple of minutes. I got it towed to my parents house and its been sitting there. my dad had the turbo replaced since it was leaking from it. but there's still white smoke and its running rough. one of my best friends went and took a look at it the other day and is leaking diesel from transmission. so I deiced to come and look here for answers and see what you guys think. I will try and get my dad to send me a video. sorry for the bad grammar and long post but I need help lol thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Wow, so the engine has 30 quarts of oil in the crank case? I can't believe that you got it out of the driveway. I'm not trying to be a dink, it just boggles the mind that the piston could be driven through the oil underneath it. I would think that something had to of gived internally under that much stress. At a minimum the crank counter weights had to drive through the oil and that is no good. I don't even know where to tell you to go from here. If it truly did runway my guess is that there was piston to valve contact and some bent valves. You need to tear that thing apart and see what is going on insted the crankcase. You might be better off putting a junk yard engine in there. Just my $.02.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

yeah something like that and don't worry about it. lol i'm a idiot for not changing the oil right. haha yeah I drove it for like 2-3 miles. when I first turned it on it was just like any regular time even when I took off and then I seen smoke a lot of white smoke coming out from the exhaust and the motor just revved like it was just going to blow up! lol it ran for a couple of min at least. we got all the old oil drained out including from the oil pan this time! face palm. lol and we turned it on and it was running lopey and you could see the white smoke coming out it wasn't a lot to where you could really notice it but it was there. We just bought a complete 7.3 motor from a 02 f350 that was rear ended and bent the frame with 60,000 miles on it and we picked it up for 1,500.00 should be installed 1-2 weeks. it sucks that i can't be home but once i get leave in Christmas ill be opening the old one and see all damaged i did to it and kick my self in the ***. haha thanks for your help tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.