Wastegate Delete ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wastegate Delete ?

I did the wastegate delete a week or so ago. I'm undecided at this point whether I got any additional boost (no guages).

I also did the DIY intake a week or so before the wastegate delete. Love the open filter sound.

I have noticed the last couple of days that when I accelerate firmly and it shifts into high gear, I hear a rattling noise (not the swhoosh from the filter) that I would describe as a fan slipping on a shaft. I may be describing it this way because I am conscious of the turbo. I stopped on the way home tonight and hooked the red tube back up and it seems to have stopped.

Any idea what this is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

its not gonna make anymore boost your stock that line trick isnt going to do anything for you till you get a chip and boost fooler
Old 02-28-2008, 04:46 PM

and just an fyi im for a better wastegate over unplugging the oem one
Old 02-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd View Post
its not gonna make anymore boost your stock that line trick isnt going to do anything for you till you get a chip and boost fooler
I had a programmer and a boost fooler and it didn't seem to make a difference to me.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Hmmm, other guys running stock (no chips, boost foolers) said recently that the red hose plug trick was getting them from former maxes of 17-18 lbs now up to 21-22 with the wastegate delete.

I myself just did the delete trick this afternoon but have yet to take her out for a run. I just started it up and revved it up a couple times just to see if the boost would build off of a sitting truck...nothing happened, but I did notice a different sound from the turbo (?) that I hadn't before. Note: I had the truck's hood open and the door open so it wasn't like what I normally would hear driving down the road...but it was enough to make me think to myself, "Are you sure you want to do this?" I'm curious to see what others have to say, too.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:55 PM

if you have a stock truck you will not build enough boost to hurt the tubo
Old 02-28-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfinch View Post
Hmmm, other guys running stock (no chips, boost foolers) said recently that the red hose plug trick was getting them from former maxes of 17-18 lbs now up to 21-22 with the wastegate delete.

I myself just did the delete trick this afternoon but have yet to take her out for a run. I just started it up and revved it up a couple times just to see if the boost would build off of a sitting truck...nothing happened, but I did notice a different sound from the turbo (?) that I hadn't before. Note: I had the truck's hood open and the door open so it wasn't like what I normally would hear driving down the road...but it was enough to make me think to myself, "Are you sure you want to do this?" I'm curious to see what others have to say, too.
your not gonna build boost just sitting there reving it you need to put it in gear brake and throttle at the same time "spooling" motor needs a load to boost
Old 02-28-2008, 04:56 PM

todd, 2 things, when i did the wastegate delete it took my boost max from 17 to 25, i even noticed the throttle would press down another 1/2 inch. i have the mods in my signature and a 60hp single position chip. i am stacking the chip with a hypertech stage 3 programmer this weekend. which would help more, the annihlator or plugging in the better wastegate you spoke of...and where do i get one? thank you!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:59 PM

you need the annilator no matter what wastegate you use it keeps your map senor from defueling the truck and i use the banks bighead wastegate
Old 02-28-2008, 05:00 PM

how much was that wastegate from banks? thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.