injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
injectors

i am looking for a step by step guide to replacing injectors in an 03 e-350 7.3 powerstroke van. i did some searches but didn't come up with a guide. are there any books out there? i am mechanically inclined but my diesel knowledge is very limited. any help is greaty appeciated......................Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Banned

give me a few and ill post up some help...ur gonna need it. The passanger side front three injectors will not come out of a van without disconnecting a motor mount (i have a trick though)
Old 02-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Banned

k.....here is the deal.....

Take the doghouse out......get the air intake out (the airbox and the air intake all the way to the turbo)

there is an air baffle in there...unbolt it and position it to the side. This would also be a good time to replace the fuel filter because you need to have that baffle position to the side to replace it anyways...

get the valve covers off. The passanger side is the pain.......the valve cover will come out without taking the motor mount out though...

once your there...take the harnesses and valve covers out......unbolt the injectors....etc....and take all of the injectors but the front three on the passanger side out. To do this....take the lower hold down bolt off of hte injector...slide the hold down bracket up over the upper bolt...and pry the injetctors out....

now here is the trick...the shop manual says to take the drivers side motor mount out to get the passanger side injectors out......you dont need to do that. Leave the drivers side one completely as it is....and just take the nuts off of the passager side motor mount where it goes through the engine cradle.... Jack the motor up as high as you can and then pry the three front passanger side ones out.....

install is reverse of this.....i always just leave the motor jacked up and start with the three tough ones. Tap the injectors in place gently with a small rubber mallot til you can get the hold down over the upper bolt and get the lower one started.....torque the injector hold down bolt to 12 foot pounds
Old 02-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

injectors

Thanks so much. looks like i got some work to do........thanks again Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.