intermittent ses light and no power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
intermittent ses light and no power

A few weeks ago i purchesed an 02 f350 auto trans. its all stock to the best of my knowledge. On the way home i got a ses light. Drove it for awhile and it went off. After a few weeks of driving i noticed that it only comes on when im trying to get up to interstate speeds or when im pulling my trailer. After you drive it for a few miles it will go off. This truck dont seem to have as much power as my 01 f250 6 speed i had a few years ago. Today i pulled the codes using my buddys snap on scanner and i came up with p1316 for the idm. a p1247 for turbo boost low and a p1211 for icp pressure above/below. i plan on changing my glow plugs soon because my wait to start light stays on for awhile longer than i figured it should so while im in there i was going to check the wire harness under the valve pan covers. Anyone know if all these codes could be connected or do i have a few things wrong with this. Ive read some about each individual code but not saw any post with all of them. Any ides on how to fix them? Thanks in advace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Check your boots on your intercooler pipes for low boost.... For the ICP you really need a scanner like AE, look for about 500psi at idle and 3500psi at WOT another thing is to look at your IPR it sound be at 7-10% at idle and at WOT should be around 45% not for sure about WOT.... Keep an eye on your HPOP and IPR

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok i was changing my fuel filter today and was looking over the motor. I noticed on the drivers side intercooler pipe that there was alot of oil/grease on the boot that goes into the intercooler. I was looking at the icp and it appears to be brand new (the nut is shiney). I really dont have access to a good scanner again, mine wont read codes on this truck (my buddy with the 4 grand snap on scanner lives 2 hrs away and was just down here for the day). Also i noticed that my glow plug relay was brand new. Im assuming with that being new that someone surely changed the glow plugs too and would have noticed the plug for the under valve cover harness being loose but im going to check that anyways ( just have to find time). Any other ideas? thanks
Old 05-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i put some seafoam in the hpop. i started it up and drove it down the road and back. when i got home i was letting it idle and noticed that the exhaust smelled like the seafoam. Could this be orings or is it an issue with the hpop itself? I checked my oil and noticed that it was showing low also.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Seafoam is a fuel additive and is not directly related to the HPOP. The HPOP builds oil pressure to fire the injectors. For a fuel additive I would use Diesel Kleen. I would not recommend seafoam for any engine but that's my opinion. It sounds like you truck is doing what mine was doing. Which leads me to suspect the HPOP on it was out.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i was hoping it wasnt the hpop but its looking that way huh. I read on the seafoam can that you could put it in your oil too. So i put it in my hpop hoping that it would clean it out or at least help it. I just couldnt figure out the reason that i could smell it burning through the exhaust when i put it in the oil system.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I would look at a scan tools information about duty cycle and ICP pressure before you pull the trigger on a new HPOP. It could be the difference between a $80 fix or a $450 fix. Look at idle and wide open throttle

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.