Help! Not just another fuel leak thread. At a loss. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Help! Not just another fuel leak thread. At a loss.

Alright im going to start off with what i have.

2000 f250 7.3 4x4. Pretty much stock ive cut the mufler and a intake and little things like that but no fuel system upgrades or anything crazy.

My issue started a few months ago when i noticed that my truck was leaking. So i started down the road of trying to figure out what was leaking.

Here is what i know, it is leaking from the water fuel sperator/filter on top of the block. Classic running down the back into the vally and running down the drain.

I have already done a complete rebuild minus the FPR on the housing, used the kit from diesel o-rings. So all the seals should be good.

Here is what i dont understand. It didnt leak for about 1000-1500 miles. The valey was drier than it ever has been. I go into town the morning and it starts pooring. Its done this before were it will appear to be fixed and then leak like crazy. It is leaking between the cap and housing. so i thought ok maybe its a bad/wrong seal or cap. They were the last things that i replaced...

Long story short its leaking between the cap and houseing and all the seals have been replaced, It was good and was not leaking a drop for a few months untill it started leaking again. im at a loss. I dont understand why it would be so spiratic and all that. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The cap could have not sealed good and the gasket pushed out due to fuel swelling it I have had that happen try a new cap and oring gasket

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yeah, apparently after market caps and filters are more likely to have this issue. I went back to motorcraft so hopefully itll be fixed. The only other thing i can think it is is something to do with fuel pressure. Im at a loss

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had the same problem from using cheap filters and caps the oring swells front the fuel and if not seated correctly it will leak randomly. I did a hutch mod and have a spin on filter under my truck and I use Donaldson fuel filters that we use on all our peterbilts I just let the costly ford filter go unchanged for one year and it still looked new like I jut put it in due to having the spin on filter before the fuel pump it's probly the best mod you can do to these trucks as far as the fuel system goes

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.