Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2000 F-250 7.3 misses at all rpm's and idle

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Blue Goose 
#1 · (Edited)
Hope someone can help! I'm new here and to diesels. Had a 20mph brush with an embankment on right front corner, drove truck home and ran fine other than crooked steering wheel. Next day went to move truck and started fine, BUT had a definate miss in it( rough idle and at higher rpm) even after warm up. Have been checking threads and hav'nt found anything useful yet. I've checked batteries,all harnesses, exhaust, felt manifolds and seems front cylinder on both sides remain cool after running a minute or so, also disconnected icp and no change in idle but did get SEL. I never got any lights prior to or since. I did drive about 1 mile round trip and had no power at all. I don't have any type of reader, guess I should get one(recommendations?). Also, no coolant in oil or visa versa. Truck ran great before this. No problems at all starting, fires right up! Truck has 120,000 on it. HELP!!:dunno:

#2 ·
my truck is currently experiencing those symptoms. NoRalph, jesilvas, and others have chimed in on the P1316 code for UVCH. that's what we're gonna tear apart tomorrow to see if my truck will run right. NoRalph put a great video on my thread on the last page and that is exactly what my truck is doing. these guys on this forum are the best. you may want to check out that video to see if it matches your problems.

#3 ·
Jamie, Thanks for reply. Watched that video week or so ago. I don't have any SEL, or code reader. I think the UVCH is worth checking, after all it only costs 50 cents. Don't want to start changing parts or sensors if I don't have too. The thing that gets me is, it ran fine on way home after impact. Was'nt til next day that I had the miss!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.