Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2000 - 7.3 no start ???? odd

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  early99psd 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 7.3 f350, i have replaced all the fuses under the dash and in the engine compartment and even the inertia switch on the passenger side... when I turn the key I get nothing... no noise... nothing. When I jump the starter... it starts - Any Ideas?

#2 ·
Why did you replace all the fuses? We're they all bad? It sounds like wiring, relay or key switch related.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
So you have no idea if the truck worked from the start? If the fuse block was empty, you're going to need to open up the owners manual and get everything that's in there. Replace with proper size fuses.

#4 ·
A few questions here. When you say you get nothing, do you mean no dash lights either? Like you turn the key on, and nothing happens? Or do you mean the starter doesn't work?

If everything is working, but it just won't crank, it's either your solenoid, or your starter. I just had this problem yesterday. I beat the starter with a hammer and it started working again.

If nothing is working, ie, you turn the key and you're staring at darkness, that will be a different problem altogether, and I would start by checking the switch.

#6 ·
I can jump the starter... jumped it with starting fluid and it ran... when I turn the key I get all the dash lights, radio and all but when I turn it to start... nothing... no click... mo noise... no start.... but again it started by jumping the solenoid on the firewall

#7 ·
Okay,

Let's start most important first. Starting fluid. Never use it on this truck again. Very bad mojo. With that out of the way, there is a starting relay in the fuse block. Swap it out with another relay and see if it works.

#9 ·
With the key in the start position are you getting power to starter solenoid? Probably need another person to turn key while you check.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.