NEED HELP & INFO - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy NEED HELP & INFO

NOT SURE WHERE TO LOOK FIRST! I WAS DRIVING HOME, JUST LEFT A 45 SPEED ZONE, STARTED TO ACCELERATE AND ALL OF A SUDDEN MY 95 7.3 L. D. I. POWERSTROKE FELL ON ITS FACE AND THE CHECK ENG. LIGHT CAME ON. NOT WANTING MY TRUCK TOWED BECAUSE OF SNOW CONDITIONS AND ONLY HAVING ABOUT 8 MILES TO GO I DECIDED TO SEE IF IT WOULD MAKE IT. IT FELT AS IF IT WAS ONLY RUNNING ON HALF THE CYCLINDERS, THE BEST I COULD GET OUT OF IT WAS ABOUT 45-50 MPH WITH THE ACCELERATER PEDAL DOWN ABOUT 3/4 THE WAY. IT RAN THIS WAY THE WHOLE 8 MILES, I DID'NT NOTICE IF IT WAS SMOKING OR NOT. WHEN I SLOWED DOWN TO TURN OFF THE HWY. AS QUICK AS IT STARTED RUNNING THIS WAY IT QUIT IT AND WAS NOW RUNNING GOOD, THE CHECK ENG. LIGHT WENT OUT AND I HAD FULL POWER AGAIN!!! SO FAR THERE HAS NOT BEEN A REPETE, BUT I THINK ITS PROBABLY ONLY A MATTER OF TIME. DONT WANT TO DO FURTHER DAMAGE OR GET STRANDED. DONT KNOW WHAT TO LOOK AT, INJECTOR OR INJECTORS, VALVE COVER GASKET FOR ONE BANK OR THE OTHER OR IF IT MIGHT BE SOME THING ELSE THAT I'M NOT THINKING ABOUT OR AWARE OF!! DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO JUST START REPLACING STUFF UNTILL I FIND IT, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 12:52 AM
allergic to hot weather

Send a message via AIM to 95and05 Send a message via MSN to 95and05
if the check engine light came on there will be a code stored. get the codes read and post them in this thread and you will get good help here. glad its not happening now so you will have some time to do a little diag. these truck only have a few things that will shut them down but many thing that will make them lose power and run like crap. so you shouldn't get stranded but may have to limp it home again. good luck.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

IS THERE ANY WAY TO RETRIEVE CODES WITH OUT A READER? OR DO I NEED TO TAKE IT IN TO FORD OR INTERNATIONAL AND HAVE THEM RETRIEVE THE CODES?
Old 02-10-2008, 04:17 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
have to have a reader to pull codes. Some autozones have readers and will pull codes for free. Their readers will pick up some of our codes
Old 02-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey Les, just go over to Joby Harmens or mayby even Napa and ask if you can "barrow a code reader." Sounds to me like its the connection where the wiring harness plugs into the valve cover though. An easy way to tell is to unplug oneside with the truck running. If it stays running then try the other side. If it dies then you know the problem is in the other connection. The truck has to be running crappy for this to work however. Do you remember when this happend to dads truck? Sounds like the same symptems!
Old 02-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Banned

Codes will tell us a lot....ill subscribe to this thread.....once you get the codes let us know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.