Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

attempting to diagnose HPOP

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Jakeman711 
#1 ·
My truck will not build more than 10 psi of boost and feels like its not getting fuel under load. I have checked numerous things and verified it has to be a fuel/hpop issue. I read about a test that with a scan tool you must roll from 60 mph and floor it wide open and read the icp pressures. I did this and read a maximum of 2840 psi and evens out to around 2200-2400 psi constantly after numerous runs. It idles at about 500 psi. I checked all boost related parts and most are brand new. Do I need an hpop or is there anything else i can test????

#2 ·
When you say you checked all the boost related parts what does that mean? You made sure you had no leaks at the collectors and the up pipes? You made sure that all of your CAC boots are in good repair and all you rclamps are tight? As for the HPOP your numbers do not seem that far off. Does your truck smoke? If you had low boost when you poured the coal to her, she would smoke pretty bad.

#3 ·
Correct I checked and replaced all boots,verified waste gate operation,all clamps are tight. Up pipes are new and tight. I installed a new manifold and gasket. Intake boots are new and tight. Turbo was rebuilt. ICP sensor was replaced. Exhaust back pressure sensor and tube were replaced. So this leads me to the fuel issue instead. You think the numbers are ok? what are the specs?

#4 ·
I just got some specs. Accelerator pedal=70% Inject Pressure reg%= 33% Inject Control Pressure= 2400 psi Exhaust Back Pressure 22 psi. Does this seem okay?

#5 ·
All seems fine except for the exhaust back pressure compared to boost. Have you made sure that the EBPV butterfly is not stuck shut or partially shut? This is pretty common and that is why many people eliminate them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.