Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

-40 degree coolant?

734 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  timmyboy76 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 7.3 powerstroke, automatic, I just replaced the ect sensor next to the thermostat housing, so now the gauge in the dash works, but I put it on the scanner the other day, and the truck was up to operating temp, I went to datastream and the coolant temp was -40 degrees... wondering if this has something to do with the smoking problem my truck is having, when its cold lots of white then bluish smoke with a fuel smell, injectors were replaced 1000 miles ago.

#3 ·
yea the gauge works fine and I figured it didn't go to the pcm at all, is there another coolant sensor somewhere else for the pcm?, I'm just wondering why its saying -40.. and it does this at all times, ive watched it for a good ten minutes or so and always stays the same, never goes up at all, even tried turning truck on and off and going back the next day to throw er on the scanner, still the same, always -40.. just curious if it would be the cause of any problems, getting real sick of this truck, lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.