Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2000 psd 4x4 manual stock boost numbers

862 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Rammstein1224 
#1 ·
i have a sd with the 6 speed manual and i hooked up a cheap boost guage into my map line just to see what kind of numbers im getting and the results were about 3-5 psi cruising and shifting through the gears at around 1500 to 2000 rpm and as high as 10 at 2500 rpm . nothing higher than 10 psi of boost. is the guage inaccurate or are then numbers normal. the truck has 275km (not miles ) on it , has new exhast back pressure sensor and tube and still has 3 codes Po470(exhaust pressure sensor) P0472(ebp circuit low input) and Po478(exhaust pressure control valve high) . are these codes affecting anything. any info would be greatly appreciated thx so much in adavnce.

#2 ·
i'm chasing the same #'s. Unfortunetly, your #'s are low, too. I "was" seeing 16-18psi before my turbo popped. Setting the SES light(22-25psi), with the redline unplugged.

Look into a boost leak detector. Theres threads on how to make one.

#3 ·
ya i figured they were low not sure where to go from there i dont see any leaks on the up pipes but ill have to try and make that tool so i can rule that out forsure . i havent tryed unplugging my red line yet but just dont know where to start or what could cause it ive spend hours and hours on the forumns reading.

#5 ·
Im running the same exact set up and im getting max 10-11 psi when i go to shift. from what i read it makes a difference if you use a mechanical gauge vs. a electronic gauge also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.