Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HELP!!!!1

925 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Slow91 
#1 ·
Ok, i just changed the orings on my 7.3 PSD. I put brand new valve cover gaskets, and the injector/glow plug harness's, and a new fuel filter. Now the truck just cranks and cranks, will not even attempt to fire. My tach goes to about 300-500 rpms and stays there but the truck wont start. It had no starting problem before i did those things.

#3 ·
My friend had the same problem. He replaced his injector o-rings and couldn't get the truck to fire.It poored white smoke when he cranked it. When putting one of the injectors back in, he crushed one of the o-rings. We found the crushed o-ring and replaced it. Truck started and ran perfect. Theres six o-rings on each injector, (6x8=48) alot of chances to crush on of the new o-rings. Does the truck poor withe smoke at all? Hope this helps, let me know.
-Trevor

#5 ·
it takes quite a bit of cranking to get one to fire back off after injector repairs , you have to keep at it to get the air pushed out of the oil and the fuel system, charge the batteries and keep trying for a bit , in 30 second intervals so that you dont burn the starter up, its not gonna just fire right off , if it had cranking problems, before , did you run any diag before jerking the injectors out of it ,and what was the reason for changing the o-rings

#6 ·
Ok, a little update:

The truck was skipping at idle and would sort of clear up higher in the rpm's. The Orings were original so i figured they could be bad, i swapped the orings, new valve cover gaskets, and the 4 injector/glow plug harnesses. Took a while, but i got the truck to fire. I let the truck run ( didnt drive it) for about an hour today. I turned it off when i ran to the parts store, and went to go start it back up and it takes a while to fire. I cant see why the glow plugs would be bad, seeing the truck started up MINT before i did the o-rings, fuel filter. It will crank for about 4-6 seconds, then fire.

#7 ·
You have to get in the truck and drive the p!ss outta it. Just idleing it wont get all the air out.

#9 · (Edited)
ok cool. I just buzz tested the injectors and #3 didnt make any noise, and my scan tool said cylinder #3 had a failure in it. So i just picked up a new Injector and will throw it in tomorrow, im so anxious to drive this thing!

Oh BTW, does anyone know the fire order off the top of their head? im not sure where #3 injector is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.