injector flow testing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
injector flow testing

what happens if some of the injectors don't flow the same? my 02 7.3 has a kinda choppy shudder feeling around 40 mph. i have new injectors in and didn't know what the symptoms are if the set isn't matched right. what would the truck run like if they weren't? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 06:19 PM

i notice it more when truck is up to temp and not when its cold
Old 04-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Where did you buy the injectors or have them rebuilt? If it was Pensicola diesel then send them back. I have had nothing but problems with their products. They do not flow test their injectors and they are junk. Just do a search on them and you will see the complaints about them. If they are not flow tested then you will not get a good power balance from each cylinder. Also, you could have one that over fuels and you will never see it on you EGT gauge especially if you have your pyro in only one bank of the engine (like most do). This isn't a problem if your supplier or rebuilder flow tests the injectors (like Rosewood Diesel). You could have an injector that is dumping fuel in a cylinder and end up buring a hole in a piston. If there was a large imbalance then you might feel it, but chances are that you would never know.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:28 PM

i got them from full force... its just in the 35-45 range it seems sluggish and truck shakes a little nothing horrible feel it in the wheel and a good vibration in the pedal in the 1300-1600 range. after it downshifts to 3rd or 4th whatevers in the 38mph range..drove it hard to chicago and when i came back i got a high exhaust presser code but i don't think that would cause it. should i do a cylinder balance test? contribution and buzz test pass fine
Old 04-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

A shutter felt in the wheel and in the pedal would make me think drivetrain. There is no link between the pedal and the engine other than a few wires going to the PCM. I know that doesnt explain the sluggish feeling that you are feeling, but I think you may have something going in your front end that is why you are feeling it in your steering wheel. I went to Full Force's website and nothing states that they flow test their remans. I see that you can have them flow test injectors for $250 I do believe, but that doesn't mean that they flow test their remans. Any test is going to give you information and information is key. Is your truck a 4x4?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:43 PM

yes truck is a 4x4 i think its motor related because soon as i let up off the throttle it goes away and then when i get on it again there it is again. could a injector or 2 be off and flowing different by chance? what would that cause if it was?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

What year is your truck? The 99's have had trouble with their factory torque converters. If I were a betting man, and I am, I would say it's your torque converter. This would explain the shutter, and the sluggishness that you are refering to.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:39 PM

mines an 01. is there any way i could check without having to take it apart. i don't know a lot about trannys and torque converters
Old 05-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Banned

X2 on tcc shudder
Try dr tranny shudder fix have had luck eith that on fords
Also if its tcc use the brake switch to disengage it as you pasd through that speed range.
If it goes away we found it.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM

i tried shudder fix a few months ago and didn't really notice a change.. so to do the other test.. i basically should ride the break a little as it passes through the range where i notice my problem? thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.