Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New truck, no start need guidance

644 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Griffsyj 
#1 ·
Well I picked up my first psd two days ago and it needed a serpentine belt, so I put one on...and now the truck doesn't start. I don't know anything about power strokes so I have no idea where to start to look. All of my diesel experience is on 1st gen cummins and these are vastly different. This is a '95 f250 with a 7.3l 215000 miles on it. From what I gather on this site it seems like the crank sensors and injector drive modules are a lot of culprits for no start conditions, are there any tale tell signs to show me which it could be? Or maybe something else to look at? I started the truck yesterday with no issue, but I did have it turned off with the radio on for about 20 minutes..and when I went to start it again it cranked and didn't start until the second try. The wait to start light cycles normal and there is no check engine light on if that makes any difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.