Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Rough idle after injector swap

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jakeman711 
#1 ·
Over the weekend I put in my swamps 160/100 injectors in my early 99. I have put over 250 miles on it since I changed the injectors. When the truck is cold it idles perfectly on start up. Once it starts to warm up it will have a little shake in the idle, but every once in a while it will idle just fine when warm but it is quite rare. It seems to idle a little low when warmed up compared to when I had the stockers in. As soon as you give it gas the vibration goes away. I do believe that it is something in the tune because once you raise the rpms a couple hundred to where it used to idle it clears up. At full temp it idles just above the 500 mark which seems a little low. Not sure if this is part of the problem but ever since the injector swap the water in fuel light is on all the time. I have drained the separator and put a new fuel filter in when I changed the oil. I will try to take a video of the cold start idle and when the truck is warmed up.

#2 ·
Your truck orginally came with AB split shot injectors. The injectors you have installed are single shot injectors. You have to have a custom chip burned or your PCM reprogrammed to run those injectors or the truck will not run right. My guess is that you didn't get a reprogram or a chip with the injectors?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.