Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2002 F250 7.3- no crank

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  robertham1 
#1 ·
i put a post in the 911 section also- but basically i went out to my truck yesterday- and it wouldnt turn over. when turning the key to the on position all of the warning lights flickered, the guages were all jumping up and down, and the alarms were sounding. when turning to start....nada. im new to diesels but am somewhat mechanically inclined. any place to start would be greatly appreciated. i have replaced the starter about 2 weeks ago. again, any suggestions are appreciated

#3 ·
batteries.... thank you. hard to believe that after being tested two months ago they were fine. put a volt meter on them after i diconnected them last night and both ready 10.5. took them to the auto parts store for load testing and both failed. $300 dollars later im walking out with pair of batteries. im hoping its just the batteries and no the alternator. ill remove that before i drive it too much and have it tested. somehwat happy it was something simple and easy and didnt need to track anything down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.