Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Exhaust Back Pressure Reading Ranges ?

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Powerstroke Man 6.4 
#1 ·
My 1999 7.3 powerstroke has a exhaust back pressure reading of 99 Psi idling and 120 psi when driving is that normal ? Used my friend sct tuner to scan for codes because the truck start up like it has a skip in it and has a jumpy idle. so scanned for codes and came up exhaust back pressure curcuit. cleared code and never came back also didnt have CES light but still running like Sh** Was looking on other threads and they said ebp should only be 14 psi at idle and 50 psi while driving. So something is wrong here. also used sct to monitor Thanks sorry for the long post.

#2 ·
I'm at 14psi idle, and I've only seen it up to 22psi. It's not something I normally stare at, so I couldn't tell you if higher is normal at cruise. I can say that 99psi at idle is not normal. If I were a guessing man, I would guess you need to clean out your EBPV sensor tube and the sensor itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.