Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Clutch switch not working on my six speed

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  239Rouge 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the wiring well on the clutch switch on a six speed? This switch must be made by pushing the clutch in or the starter circuit is not made. I have known that it is getting squirly for some time, but now it is just acting up bad. My recollection is that the switch is not repairable as it is in a sealed plastic housing. I am going to try and get the part, but would like to jump the switch if I can't get the part on Monday. Need the truck next week. Anyone know this switch well enough to help me with identifying which wire is the starter interlock? :icon_ford:

#2 ·
#3 ·
Thanks Macon

Its funny that I finally got around to this replacement. I took the truck into my dealer over a year ago because cruise wouldn't set. About 120 bucks later their tech told me that he couldn't find problem. Now I see that this switch also disconnects cruise. You also pointed that out. Am thinking that if the starter enable contact is bad, cruise may be as well. I got the wire colors (in case I have to jump them for next week) of the starter interlock by searching internet and found answer on Ford Powerstroke Nation post. Am going to try and get a new switch on Monday from dealer.

Also this Yankee is with you on your Federal post. Maybe this yank should join up with you Georgia boys this time if the Feds try coming after our guns. You watch any Hannity or get anything from Rand Paul? They tell you what is going on. Feinstein was flat our trying to get us with her gun bill. She and the rest of her elite kind have armed body guards and she wants us to defend ourselves with pocket knives until she gets onto banning them. :icon_ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.