Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Possible icp, ipr or hpop or something else? Maybe chip?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Bradley3054 
#1 ·
As the title says could be ether one of my issues and idk which it is. I don't wanna go to the replacing stuff thing to figure out the problem only wanna spend money on the exact problem.

Issues are; usually in could weather it acts up more. I start the truck and sounds like it's missing an looping, only way I can stop it is to let it idle till it warms up and then shut it off and let the fuel bowl fill all the way up and start it again and runs fine.
Next sometimes when Im driving my engine light comes on randomly and everything is reading normal and running fine.
Also turn the chip up and get it into it will ether make it shut off on hard playing or loose all aceleration.
Fuel millage went down
no leaks in valley
scan tool reads average psi's and duty cycle, but code p1211 keeps coming back.

I've been trying to research the **** out of this but need more help need someone to tell me the way to find the actuall problem so I don't go broke and only have so much time to research the problem a work lol. Please help anyone

#3 ·
My 99 was doing the same thing on a regular basis when cold once it would start it would act stupid until it reached operating temps and it puzzled me for the longest time and what I finnaly figued out on my truck was I had a bad battery replaced both and haven't had any issues since other than turbo failure. The only thing I can figure is that only having one good battery a lot of accessories were not getting proper voltage since 99% of what makes these trucks run is electric. Hope u have luck finding ur issue. Ps mine never had ce light

#4 ·
I had a similar problem with mine code1211 and 1316.code 1211 was a burnt connector at the ICP it was not making a solid connection throwing the pressure all over the place.Replaced the connector and the miss went away still runs smooth today.It was a tough one to find look at it real close.The 1316 ended up being an injector solenoid.

#5 ·
ok i still havnt found an answer yet and ive been trying to milk this long as i can but its time to fix it because i cant even use my chip anymore, itll cause my truck to shut off and be a **** to start and wont rev. still sounds like a miss sometimes too, which icp do you recomend seen them range from 34$ to 150

#6 ·
Just tested the icp sensor by unplugging it and starting the truck and then rev it a little and put the chip on smoke and puff a little smoke, did all this with it unplugged and plugged back in so no difference in the results so its not the icp sensor, when reved in smoke after the rpms droped back down to idle it was real rough, im scared thinking its hpop what do you all think? ipr only shuts fuel off and lets it in right? doesnt actually regualte the flow?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.